Creating a display for multiple monitors

Alexperson123

Hi,

I'm trying to create a display for a ton of monitors I have. I want them all to show the same image but in quadrants, so that the top left screen will only show the top left of the picture and the bottom right screen will only show the bottom right picture. What's the best way to do this that doesn't take a lot of money and hopefully not a ton of system resources to do. Or at the very least what's the formal name of this so I can research this better myself?

This will depend on your GPU. On Nvidia, it's called Surround, or if you have a Quadro I believe it's called Mosaic (don't quote me on that). On AMD, it's called EyeFinity (the spelling of that is probably wrong). Neither of them are super easy to setup, but I don't believe they're super system heavy or anything. They are the main technologies involved in triple monitor gaming. I don't believe there is a version from Intel, and I'm not aware of any GPU agnostic technologies that do this, at least on Windows. On Linux, I believe you can setup something to do this depending on your Window Manager, KDE I believe can do it with some clever KWin scripts, but that's a whole other can of worms that I doubt you wanna get into.