Updating to windows 11 issues

Endless_Anarchy
Go to solution Solved by MobileGeek,

I had the install error as well, and it turned out that, even after uninstalling cFosSpeed Driver, it happened. Well it turned out that MSI Dragon Center re-installed the cFosSpeed driver somehow. So I solved it by uninstalling MSI Dragon Center completely and the cFosSpeed. I was then able to upgrade.

When I attempt to update windows from 10 to 11 I always get the same problem alert. An app called Cfosspeed is not allowing me to update. I attempt to uninstall the app and it seems to disappear but every time my computer restarts it reappears. I attempted to update right after reinstalling but when it gets to about 30% the computer restarts, the update attempts to start back up, Cfosspeed prevents the update and all changes are undone. When I attempt the update I see picture 1 below. I click on learn more and it brings me to the Cfosspeed webpage (https://www.cfos.de/en-us/cfosspeed/cfosspeed.htm) seen in the second photo. I then go to the windows uninstaller in picture 3 and simply uninstall the app. Once I do that, when I attempt to upgrade It allows me and all seems to be working well as seen in picture 4.

From what I can tell Cfosspeed is an MSI app and all I want to know is how to delete it. I do not want it, nor use it.

Ill be attempting what I found on the MSI forum next seen in image 5. I will update this if it works. I hope a solution can be found.

image_2021-09-24_150501.png

image_2021-09-24_150641.png

image_2021-09-24_150718.png

image_2021-09-24_151003.png

image_2021-09-24_151413.png

I figured it out. Go to the path shown in picture 5. There you will find a exe called unins001. When activated it is completely removed and does not reinstall with relaunching dragon center/msi center.  

I was going to suggest Revo Uninstaller.

Also, why not just wait for the retail release of Windows 11 in less than two weeks? You're "upgrading" but to pre-release/beta software.

30 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I was going to suggest Revo Uninstaller.

Also, why not just wait for the retail release of Windows 11 in less than two weeks? You're "upgrading" but to pre-release/beta software.

I attempted the update and it still failed. Will the retail release fix the problems

Something with how your system is configured. Its a completely new OS release, you'll want to just save yourself the headache and do a clean install.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, for me I had to deinstall TurboLAN (or something along the lines). Unfortunately i was too fast and couldn't make a Screenshot. But after i deinstalled TurboLAN Windows 11 installed without a problem.

Thanks everyone who posted already, it gave me a good head start on a solution.  For me, I had to uninstall all MSI related applications, including MSI API. I rebooted after this for good measure.  For some reason one of the uninstallers doesn't delete a service called "MSI_Central_Service" so after confirming that the service .exe doesn't exist anymore, I hit up ye old PowerShell as admin and did a:

remove-service MSI_Central_Service

After another reboot, I was able to go back to Windows Update, hit the "fix" button, and the installation continued without errors.

I had the install error as well, and it turned out that, even after uninstalling cFosSpeed Driver, it happened. Well it turned out that MSI Dragon Center re-installed the cFosSpeed driver somehow. So I solved it by uninstalling MSI Dragon Center completely and the cFosSpeed. I was then able to upgrade.

Why bother , uninstall MSI DRAGON CENTER  and upgrade smoothly and peacefully and reinstall it after the successful upgrade

• 1 month later...

what I did was remove all related MSI software , such as MSI dragon , MSI sdk and MSI Afterburner