Thermal help for graphics card

ThatGuy48317

I play a game called Star Citizen and I would like to get a bit fast frame rates. I think the primary limiter is my graphics card. I have an Asus RX580 8GB OC Edition. I have it in a small (but really nice) Rosewill case. I think it is thermal throttling or something. I have already taken the side off the case to allow more air. How do I go about verifying the issue? Is water cooling an option? Do they make all in one solutions for this card?

Welcome to the forums!!!

9 minutes ago, ThatGuy48317 said:

I have already taken the side off the case to allow more air. How do I go about verifying the issue?

Did performance increase at all?? Monitor your temperatures, speeds, and utilizations with something like MSI Afterburner so that you know in game what is happening. Is it relatively free of dust inside the case and fans/heatsinks??

10 minutes ago, ThatGuy48317 said:

Is water cooling an option? Do they make all in one solutions for this card?

Let's not get to that step yet, but it is possible that your graphics card needs to be repasted depending on temperatures. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"