Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I reverse the LOG-IN changes made by using the app to see if my computer can run windows 11

Through curiosity I ran the Microsoft app to see if my computer would run Windows 11.

What I didn't realise is that it would alter my User accounts.

Previously, as a security measure, I had 'SysAdmin' where programs could be installed and changes made, but password-protected.  Then there was my day-to-day account, 'Everyday' with no log-in password used, and it didn't have the same powers, no programs could be installed or changes made, they had to be done under SysAdmin..

Now 'Everyday' has gone and has been replaced by an account under my name with a Microsoft account log-in, and I'm having to use a password each time I turn it on.  I was perfectly happy with the previous arrangement.

So, how do I reverse these changes it made without my permission?

20 minutes ago, Trackrecords said:

Through curiosity I ran the Microsoft app to see if my computer would run Windows 11.

What I didn't realise is that it would alter my User accounts.

Previously, as a security measure, I had 'SysAdmin' where programs could be installed and changes made, but password-protected.  Then there was my day-to-day account, 'Everyday' with no log-in password used, and it didn't have the same powers, no programs could be installed or changes made, they had to be done under SysAdmin..

Now 'Everyday' has gone and has been replaced by an account under my name with a Microsoft account log-in, and I'm having to use a password each time I turn it on.  I was perfectly happy with the previous arrangement.

So, how do I reverse these changes it made without my permission?

Go to the user info of the everyday account and select "Sign in with a local account instead". You are currently logging in with a microsoft account instead of a local account hence the password requirement.

Rather weirdly, in User Accounts I now have 2 Everyday accounts - one in a square the other in a circle... Oh for the gift of hindsight.