what coin to mine

so recently haven’t really been mining as much as i’m used to so what coin should i mine or what coin should i invest into that’ll go up? bout to do a 5k$ build so i wanna make it back asap. my last build already paid for itself. currently got 4 6600xts 2 2080ti and a 3070. got all these at msrp. hopefully i get my hands on 3080/3090 soon. really need to make more money by investing into a different coins

5 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

that’ll go up

Nobody knows what will go up if, when or by how much.

5 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

bout to do a 5k$ build so i wanna make it back asap.

Unlikely to happen.

7 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

currently got 4 6600xts 2 2080ti and a 3070.

According to whattomine this will make you about $20 per day before electricity costs, at the moment. You'll still be minig the better part of a year to recoup a $5k rig and it's impossible to predict if it will stay profitable (e.g. ETH moving PoS) or if/when we'll enter a big bear market again.

7 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

really need to make more money by investing into a different coins

You have the wrong idea here. Crypto is not a get rich quick scheme. It can happen if you are the lucky guy that gambled $10k at a random coin that did x10 for some reason, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as people seem to think. It's all a gamble

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

4 minutes ago, tikker said:

Nobody knows what will go up if, when or by how much.

Unlikely to happen.

According to whattomine this will make you about $20 per day before electricity costs, at the moment. You'll still be minig the better part of a year to recoup a $5k rig and it's impossible to predict if it will stay profitable (e.g. ETH moving PoS) or if/when we'll enter a big bear market again.

You have the wrong idea here. Crypto is not a get rich quick scheme. It can happen if you are the lucky guy that gambled $10k at a random coin that did x10 for some reason, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as people seem to think. It's all a gamble

so in 2017 i invested 500$ into electoneum, let’s just say that’s the last time i invested into anything. nowadays i just mine and i wanna start investing soon too. ill just invest the coins that i’ve already mined. after eth we can mine raven. i might invest into pokeballs coin just because it seems like it’ll go up. man i really wish these coins rise again so that i can be making more!

54 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

so in 2017 i invested 500$ into electoneum, let’s just say that’s the last time i invested into anything.

That's the risk of investing. This goes infinitely more for crypto and should've been something to have made yourself aware of before pouring that much money into it.

i might invest into pokeballs coin just because it seems like it’ll go up.

That's called gambling, not investing. "it seems like it'll go up", while it is the underlying reason for investing, is the worst reason to pour money into something. Crypto is already extremely risky and spectulative, memecoins and like are just for extra gambling.

man i really wish these coins rise again so that i can be making more!

You won't make anything if you don't own any. You want big bags before it rises. That's why everyone starting in Bitcoin or Ethereum now won't see immediate big profits: you're buying at a high already.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Tikkers pretty bang on.

So your last build paid for itself, I take it ETH or BTC ?

Are you still holding or have you taken profits ?

On 9/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, marcuzx said:

i might invest into pokeballs coin just because it seems like it’ll go up.

Why ?

Infringing on Nintendo copyright is just the first of many red flags, massively down from ATHs....   

I have an address you can send to if you want to throw money away.

7 hours ago, artuc said:

Tikkers pretty bang on.

So your last build paid for itself, I take it ETH or BTC ?

Are you still holding or have you taken profits ?

Why ?

Infringing on Nintendo copyright is just the first of many red flags, massively down from ATHs....   

I have an address you can send to if you want to throw money away.

it was eth, i already sold. i’m hesitant between 12900k or something else atm. just feel like upgrading 

Currently the most profitable coin is ETH. But RVN is on average about $0.50/day lower than ETH. So I tend to mine ETH for 2 weeks, then mine RVN for 2 weeks. Or I'll mine one till I think about it then ill switch back to the other.

I mine and hold, I rarely sell anymore since I hit my ROI like 5 years ago and don't pay for power. I only sell a little when I need a little cash or if the price goes up to what I deem good enough to sell a smidge.