need help picking some parts out

marcuzx

im going to start a completely new build based around 12900k. i need a 60+ inch desk, idk what to get. i’ve had the same desk since 2004. i need a hdd, not sure what to get. haven’t bought one since 2009. i need a mouse because fixing razer nagas simply is annoying. i need help picking out the case fans because i’m going with 5000x, i need 4 fans and all they offering is 3 or 1. im already spending lots of money so i might as well buy good fans but idk what to get, last time i bought aerocool in like 2011. i need a headset or earbuds idk what to get, i usually just use built in speakers but i will be streaming so i want something that will completely cancel all noises! i have 2x superflower argb 750w psus so ummm idk if that’s enough for 12900k and 3080/3090? i already spent 250$ on that. that was when getting a psu was almost impossible and i got em on sale too. i will be getting 128gb of ram either ddr4 or ddr5 not sure yet. idk what mobo, probably z690 prime. h150i. might even get a new keyboard idk, leave ur suggestions. i’ve already have an amazing 3700x build so this will just be a completely new build. also need 60+ inch desk. an argb strip that’ll go around the entire case. yea, this’ll be really expensive build tbh. been waiting on doing an intel build for years now, every year i found it to be disappointing but this year it looks phenomenal. ill be keeping this build for around 5 to 7 years. 

the pc should pay for itself because i’m always buying new gpus and mining so i could actually afford to spend extra money on the system. i think we went over everything? id like custom water cooled pc with p8 but idk how to do that. think we’re good for now. also if someone could approximately guess how much this will cost me that’d be amazing.im thinking 2.5 excluding the gpus. would be cheaper if i didn’t need new desk, case, chair, headset, etc. 

1 hour ago, marcuzx said:

im going to start a completely new build based around 12900k. i need a 60+ inch desk, idk what to get. i’ve had the same desk since 2004. i need a hdd, not sure what to get. haven’t bought one since 2009. i need a mouse because fixing razer nagas simply is annoying. i need help picking out the case fans because i’m going with 5000x, i need 4 fans and all they offering is 3 or 1. im already spending lots of money so i might as well buy good fans but idk what to get, last time i bought aerocool in like 2011. i need a headset or earbuds idk what to get, i usually just use built in speakers but i will be streaming so i want something that will completely cancel all noises! i have 2x superflower argb 750w psus so ummm idk if that’s enough for 12900k and 3080/3090? i already spent 250$ on that. that was when getting a psu was almost impossible and i got em on sale too. i will be getting 128gb of ram either ddr4 or ddr5 not sure yet. idk what mobo, probably z690 prime. h150i. might even get a new keyboard idk, leave ur suggestions. i’ve already have an amazing 3700x build so this will just be a completely new build. also need 60+ inch desk. an argb strip that’ll go around the entire case. yea, this’ll be really expensive build tbh. been waiting on doing an intel build for years now, every year i found it to be disappointing but this year it looks phenomenal. ill be keeping this build for around 5 to 7 years. 

the pc should pay for itself because i’m always buying new gpus and mining so i could actually afford to spend extra money on the system. i think we went over everything? id like custom water cooled pc with p8 but idk how to do that. think we’re good for now. also if someone could approximately guess how much this will cost me that’d be amazing.im thinking 2.5 excluding the gpus. would be cheaper if i didn’t need new desk, case, chair, headset, etc. 

Use PC Part Picker. Start with your cpu and gpu and go from there. It will show you wattage that is recommended, but go about 150W over that.

Don't sleep on sleeper PCs

What is the pc going to be used for ? Also as the 12900K isn't out yet, you would need to wait for reviews to see what performance/temps/power consumption is like. 

3 hours ago, marcuzx said:

Honestly just reuse as much stuff from your previous build as you can, also 5000x + h150i + 128gb ram is completely useless (cooler may be of some use if you oc, i guess if you are a scientist or something that needs a boatload of ram 128gb might help, case is flat out useless unles you do custom water, just get a p400a or if you like overpriced stuff 4000x)

12900k hasnt even come out yet, not to mention that cpu is useless unless you overclock it, and most ppl dont overclock anyways so im just gonna assume you are the majority that dont overclock

8 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Honestly just reuse as much stuff from your previous build as you can, also 5000x + h150i + 128gb ram is completely useless (cooler may be of some use if you oc, i guess if you are a scientist or something that needs a boatload of ram 128gb might help, case is flat out useless unles you do custom water, just get a p400a or if you like overpriced stuff 4000x)

12900k hasnt even come out yet, not to mention that cpu is useless unless you overclock it, and most ppl dont overclock anyways so im just gonna assume you are the majority that dont overclock

i’m just doing overkill system that i’ll use for streaming, gaming, editing. i might overclock if i need extra fps for recording. im currently running 1080p 60hz… i’m going to upgrade to something better once i find a curved screen that has all the features i need.

9 hours ago, lee32uk said:

What is the pc going to be used for ? Also as the 12900K isn't out yet, you would need to wait for reviews to see what performance/temps/power consumption is like. 

gaming, streaming, mining, editing. if that tdp or performance is horrible i’ll stick to my 3700x and won’t even upgrade. my current pc is amazing tbh. i’ll wait about a month to see the reviews if i like them i’ll upgrade, if not i’ll wait till next gen. 

10 hours ago, BeastyB314 said:

Use PC Part Picker. Start with your cpu and gpu and go from there. It will show you wattage that is recommended, but go about 150W over that.

said 740 rofl, thinking about using dual psu. oh well. i really don’t feel like spending anymore money

13 hours ago, marcuzx said:

said 740 rofl, thinking about using dual psu. oh well. i really don’t feel like spending anymore money

Says the guy that wastes all his money on overpriced corsair rainbow crap

Btw whats your budget?