this chair is amazing!

marcuzx

not going to lie ive had a regular chair as my computer chair for like 7 years now because computer chairs that i had would always break since i weigh anywhere from 250-300lbs. i went to sams club and i sat on alera veon chair and it’s amazing!!! i could literally sleep in it. then i sat on a gaming chair and hated it. so why do people buy gaming chairs and not comfortable leather chairs? are there any gaming or computer chairs as comfortable as this one but for around 150$? 

10 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

so why do people buy gaming chairs and not comfortable leather chairs? are there any gaming or computer chairs as comfortable as this one but for around 150$?

I use the noble chairs hero (without the pillow in the back) and I like it.
There are cheap uncomfortable gaming chairs, but there is good quality too. But it costs money.
Cheap gaming chairs tend to peel off their imitation leather overt time. So I picked a better one.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

those are quite expensive… i might just get a leather computer chair such as the one i mentioned. don’t really care about posture, im always either leaning forward or backwards. usually i have 12 hour gaming sessions so yea it’ll get something nice. i definitely want real leather. i just need something that won’t break. 

Leather chairs are awful during the summer. Would never buy one to sit on for more than half an hour. 

Maybe if you don't sweat it could work. 

Just now, Bramimond said:

Leather chairs are awful during the summer. Would never buy one to sit on for more than half an hour. 

well that is true… i have leather everywhere so during summertime it’s warm and during wintertime it’s cold. now they’re fine if you’re dressed but if you’re not you sweat and get stuck to the learher. i don’t care too much about comfort i just need reliability although comfort would be amazing. actually now that i think of it even when wearing clothes you get stuck to the leather if you’re on it for too long so for gaming don’t really think it’s ideal. think microfiber is alright? or if i remember correctly you get stuck to it too when you get sweaty. idk what to get but i definitely don’t want anything that’ll stick to my skin if i sit too long

56 minutes ago, Banned said:

but most gaming chairs are designed for people who sit in front of computers for long hours at a time. It's used to prevent bad posture and poor sitting habits

Are you talking about those racing seat chairs? If so I have to disagree. As someone who has wider shoulders they are uncomfortable when you sit in them for more than 10 minutes. I mean why do they even have racing seat features? It's not like you are racing in them. That design doesn't make any sense for an office chair imo.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

50 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

usually i have 12 hour gaming sessions so yea it’ll get something nice.

Regardless of the chair you're sitting in, this isn't healthy. I'm not your mother so I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if you are sitting and gaming for such long periods of time you should at least regularly take breaks and get up and walk around and do some light exercise to break up the extended periods of sitting.

If you are spending 12 hours plus in a chair on a regular basis then you should be able to justify the cost of a decent chair.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

48 minutes ago, Bramimond said:

Yep, that's why I picked the hybrid PU leather. It has a long lifetime and it has pores for breathing.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

Have to echo the sentiments regarding leather chairs.

Had one many years ago, and during summer it was disgusting

Never again

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

If you are spending 12 hours plus in a chair on a regular basis then you should be able to justify the cost of a decent chair.

Or a standing desk

i lift weights daily and my diet is good. i get up every 3 hours to eat. my 12900k build will be extremely expensive so i really need to save money on the chair haha. probably will end up spending 250 to 300 regardless or i can do the completely logical thing and keep my 3700x and invest the money on an amazing chair instead.

11 hours ago, Spotty said:

Regardless of the chair you're sitting in, this isn't healthy. I'm not your mother so I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if you are sitting and gaming for such long periods of time you should at least regularly take breaks and get up and walk around and do some light exercise to break up the extended periods of sitting.

This is why I spent the money on the Herman Miller Aeron.. not only for gaming, but work from home. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

i found some argb chairs for 150$ haha. dude i can’t get anything comfortable cuz they’re up to 250lbs. ffs. probably going to go with the one i mentioned and once it breaks they replace it 

wow horrible, what’s a good 150-300$ chair? was hoping not to but from reviews cheap chairs are worse than my regular chair… 

I have a 9 month old Technisport and its literally falling apart. and im like. 50lbs under the weight class for it lol so I finally broke down and bought a Secretlab one like 10 mins ago.....

As for the people saying you dont race your computer chair. the reason was mentioned before. They are meant for contouring, and ergonomics for long periods of sitting. Like racing seats. Which are VERY comfortable - I have sat in many a racing seat from my days working in performance shops and exotic car shops - and I love the feel. they hug the body great which makes long drives fantastic and keeps you from slumping down and hurting your back, as well as keeping your legs from falling asleep. 

Im a disgruntled old man. 

11400F/4070 32gb ram, 1000w PSU, X63 AIO, windows 10, B560 mobo

8 minutes ago, Squeebus said:

I have a 9 month old Technisport and its literally falling apart. and im like. 50lbs under the weight class for it lol so I finally broke down and bought a Secretlab one like 10 mins ago.....

As for the people saying you dont race your computer chair. the reason was mentioned before. They are meant for contouring, and ergonomics for long periods of sitting. Like racing seats. Which are VERY comfortable - I have sat in many a racing seat from my days working in performance shops and exotic car shops - and I love the feel. they hug the body great which makes long drives fantastic and keeps you from slumping down and hurting your back, as well as keeping your legs from falling asleep. 

dude i was gon get the leather chair but it’s fake. i have real leather sofa and 10 years later its as good as new. so basically a real leather chair is 800$. will microfiber chair fallapart? i just want something that won’t break apart

Bruh. Things that are overly squishy are bad for your posture. I have Secret Labs chair that make my back hurt LESS when my back is giving me problems compared to laying for long periods of time on a more comfy bed.

8 hours ago, marcuzx said:

dude i was gon get the leather chair but it’s fake. i have real leather sofa and 10 years later its as good as new. so basically a real leather chair is 800$. will microfiber chair fallapart? i just want something that won’t break apart

fake leather is that way because of sustainability, durability, breathability and so it can be better for cleaning  - I remember when I worked at mercedes and they switched to Gore-Tex and it had multiple layers, like a mesh backing, and some cloth layers, then the "leather" as the top section so it could be perforated without tearing as easy. It comes sealed and cleans better, doesnt require conditioning and whatnot like real leather does. If you cared for fake leather the way youre meant to care for real leather to keep it supple, then fake leather will be just fine. Except it will breathe better, be lighter, and not stink when its wet, especially with sweat. 

10 hours ago, Squeebus said:

My experience with these racing seat style office chairs is pretty much exactly the opposite of yours. My shoulders are too wide for it to be contouring which means they get pushed forward all the time and that is very uncomfortable even after a very short period of time.

The purpose of racing seats is that you don't fall all over the place when racing your car on a track. Since that isn't something you do in an office chair I don't get why it is designed like that. I also think it makes them look kinda silly.

Most good office chairs are miles ahead of these racing style chairs in terms of comfort imo but in the end it all comes down to you and what is most comfortable to you, since everyone is built different everyone has a different view on whats comfortable.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

32 minutes ago, Montana16 said:

My experience with these racing seat style office chairs is pretty much exactly the opposite of yours. My shoulders are too wide for it to be contouring which means they get pushed forward all the time and that is very uncomfortable even after a very short period of time.

The purpose of racing seats is that you don't fall all over the place when racing your car on a track. Since that isn't something you do in an office chair I don't get why it is designed like that. I also think it makes them look kinda silly.

Most good office chairs are miles ahead of these racing style chairs in terms of comfort imo but in the end it all comes down to you and what is most comfortable to you, since everyone is built different everyone has a different view on whats comfortable.

Its not about falling over in your seat when racing in your car lol I am not sure where you get that from...... I have the same racing seat in my drag car that I have in my road race car. 

If you have these issues, then you should be looking at XL seats because much like racing seats, they come in various sizes for various needs. For my race cars they measure your hip width, and shoulder width and go off that. 

16 hours ago, Squeebus said:

fake leather is that way because of sustainability, durability, breathability and so it can be better for cleaning  - I remember when I worked at mercedes and they switched to Gore-Tex and it had multiple layers, like a mesh backing, and some cloth layers, then the "leather" as the top section so it could be perforated without tearing as easy. It comes sealed and cleans better, doesnt require conditioning and whatnot like real leather does. If you cared for fake leather the way youre meant to care for real leather to keep it supple, then fake leather will be just fine. Except it will breathe better, be lighter, and not stink when its wet, especially with sweat. 

i polish my leather sofas every 7 days

guys im either looking for high quality leather chair or a microfiber one. idk any good brands

Secretlab has a softweave that is supposed to be really good. A real leather chair is going to be a tough one since everything is all politically correct these days and natural leather is uncommon and really expensive. Thermaltake claims to have a real leather option for $600 but that seems a bit steep. 

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products/gaming-chairs/real-leather-gaming-chair.html

10 hours ago, Squeebus said:

Secretlab has a softweave that is supposed to be really good. A real leather chair is going to be a tough one since everything is all politically correct these days and natural leather is uncommon and really expensive. Thermaltake claims to have a real leather option for $600 but that seems a bit steep. 

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products/gaming-chairs/real-leather-gaming-chair.html

i just wanna spend 200 for microfiber actually. since i use a regular chair i guess anything will be an upgrade