How's the EVGA Supernova 750 GT?

Filingo

It would be moved to tier B LP as it's not what we expected it to be. A decent PSU it seems although there are almost no reviews and if you've bought it for 90$ then it's definitely not a good value. I suggest cancelling the order and getting 650W Enermax Revolution DF or MSI MPG A-GF.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

19 minutes ago, Juular said:

It would be moved to tier B LP as it's not what we expected it to be. A decent PSU it seems although there are almost no reviews and if you've bought it for 90$ then it's definitely not a good value. I suggest cancelling the order and getting 650W Enermax Revolution DF or MSI MPG A-GF.

Cancelled. I ordered a >75$ as opposed to my previous budget because Amazon finally checked that they actually were taking extra import fees and refunded me so I trust them again to buy >75$  (If you've seen my previous post)

So I might order the MPG A-GF as I remember it was also 90$ for 750w

Who is the OEM for the MPG A-GF?

8 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Cancelled. I ordered a >75$ as opposed to my previous budget because Amazon finally checked that they actually were taking extra import fees and refunded me so I trust them again to buy >75$  (If you've seen my previous post)

So I might order the MPG A-GF as I remember it was also 90$ for 750w

Who is the OEM for the MPG A-GF?

CWT. It uses a solid GPU platform.

https://wolflsi.pixnet.net/blog/post/69374150

I always stick with the corsair RMX series, has never let me down, issueless with a 3080 and 5950x gobbling up stupid amounts of power at a moments notice

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

1 hour ago, Daethz said:

I always stick with the corsair RMX series, has never let me down, issueless with a 3080 and 5950x gobbling up stupid amounts of power at a moments notice

I heard the new RMx (2021) has capacitors in the cables? Is it bad?

And also, this new RMx series is more expensive than the old one .. Corsair became so expensive T_T.

Corsair would definitely be my first option, but I can't afford it now

I can really remember, unless it was all in my imagination that RM or RMx 750w were sold for around 90$ and the CX was like 40-50$

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Yes, Leadex III Gold is Tier A. Quality wise comparable to RMx.

This guy does nice reviews on PSUs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAzta_ecZV9Hcz7Mavpvdaw

Seems like the Leadex III has high power on time and it also has capacitors in the cables which I was worried about the RMx but I don't even know if it's really that bad thing. Is it?

10 minutes ago, Filingo said:

This guy does nice reviews on PSUs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAzta_ecZV9Hcz7Mavpvdaw

Yes, that's Aris.

11 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Seems like the Leadex III has high power on time and it also has capacitors in the cables which I was worried about the RMx but I don't even know if it's really that bad thing. Is it?

It's a good PSU. I have one myself. The cables are more flexible than RMx cables. Buy a Fractal Design ION+ if you want flexible cables.

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Yes, that's Aris.

It's a good PSU. I have one myself. The cables are more flexible than RMx cables. Buy a Fractal Design ION+ if you want flexible cables.

I don't think I would care about flexible cables.

So from what you say (It's Aris) I guess he is a famous expert in the field? I knew he was good! And I just watched 2 videos now

On 9/24/2021 at 6:53 PM, Daethz said:

Personally the only thing stopping me from buying Corsair high-end is length. Once I unintentionally went 140mm deep, or even better 130mm (in case Leadex V), I can't go back to longer PSUs. The irony is that I ordered a RM650x, but it turned out to be out of stock and impossible to acquire at that time, so I was forced to switch to a Focus Plus Platinum.

I do however think the SFX Corsair SF series is the best thing since sliced bread and I'm absolute smitten by the awesome fan in it, and I dream of day it's sold separately (so I can zip-tie them to stock GPU heatsinks instead of Arctic F9. I also dream of the day Arctic P9 finally comes out, as well.

And last but not least, a collaboration between Enhance (or someone else with a similarly great platform) and Corsair for a Corsair version of the Enhance ENP 7660B Flex ATX PSU, when the demand comes around @jonnyGURU

That thing is insane, coil whine issues aside, just look at the insanity of the marvel of engineering and noise it is, it doesn't ramp up the fan to an audible degree up until 480W, and it doesn't ramp up the fan from the base speed up until 420W at all, and it's a 600W unit, the 80mm fan is that awesome, it's basically the only Flex ATX PSU u don't need to swap a Noctua in. It looks more silent than a Corsair SF600, it's platinum of course, and it's extraordinary high quality. 

Once someone breaks in the market of 5-10L volume cases with a popular/cheap product like Cooler Master did with the NR200P, there's gonna be a bigger need for these kind of PSUs.

spacer.png

enp 7660b fan profile - Copy.jpg

9 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Personally the only thing stopping me from buying Corsair high-end is length. Once I unintentionally went 140mm deep, or even better 130mm (in case Leadex V), I can't go back to longer PSUs. The irony is that I ordered a RM650x, but it turned out to be out of stock and impossible to acquire at that time, so I was forced to switch to a Focus Plus Platinum.

I do however think the SFX Corsair SF series is the best thing since sliced bread and I'm absolute smitten by the awesome fan in it, and I dream of day it's sold separately (so I can zip-tie them to stock GPU heatsinks instead of Arctic F9. I also dream of the day Arctic P9 finally comes out, as well.

And last but not least, a collaboration between Enhance (or someone else with a similarly great platform) and Corsair for a Corsair version of the Enhance ENP 7660B Flex ATX PSU, when the demand comes around @jonnyGURU

I just watched on a GN video that jonnyGURU himself said he is not an electrical engineer. So that's amazing to become such expert without a degree.

I never knew you can be in an electrical engineering job without actual degree, wonder if in our times it is still possible

Damn I got dropped off University recently and I can't even find a tech support job 🤣

14 hours ago, Filingo said:

So from what you say (It's Aris) I guess he is a famous expert in the field?

Pretty much, he was doing PSU reviews for more than 10 years now. First for now defunct Greek website, then for TechPowerUp, Tom's Hardware and briefly Kitguru. Some time ago he also created a Greek YT channel, where they with his wife do various hardware reviews, not only on PSUs, and relatively recently - it's international version in English. Honestly his YT PSU reviews are considerably cutdown compared to article versions, there are some unique ones which there are no published article (yet), and generally video versions appear first but for the most part articles on TPU/THW are more detailed.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply