Is there a way to use cosair icue for a msi steelseries laptop keyboard or in that case use any software for any keyboard ? They're just LEDs right!?

sach958

So I have a MSI laptop which works with steelseries software and I am just bored with the software, so I was just wondering if I could use some other software like asus aura or corsair icue or anything. Afterall they're just a bunch of led lights and what could possibly go wrong!

Unless there's some breakthrough someone's made, the LED software needs to be specifically written for that specific keyboard in order to function. Corsair iCUE won't recognize it, and you're pretty much stuck with Steelseries's software. There are things like OpenRGB that should (hopefully) work with that keyboard if you wanna give it a try, but they're in beta and I remember there being a glitch that broke a few RGB devices, though I could be wrong. Read through the page before you decide to try it or not.

Corsairs software should work with Asus stuff. But not with anything else. I'm guessing MSIs software is also boring? I think Razer might work, though I'm not sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/23/2021 at 3:58 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Corsairs software should work with Asus stuff. But not with anything else. I'm guessing MSIs software is also boring? I think Razer might work, though I'm not sure.

MSI uses steelseries software which good enough for a laptop but then it's kind off biased over its high end product like you have more effects on a higher end keyboard than a normal laptop keyboard but I am guessing thats not the case with cosair something like that. I was just travelling around for more control over my rgb like something with literally endless customization. But its me and I don't think I'll end up with something like that. So I think I should look over this next time I buy a laptop.