4000D Airflow Fan Setup

Skel71

have a new 4000D Airflow case and looking to get recommendations on case fan setups. I had planned to get additional fans after the initial purchase and i could look at the case. Using the system for virtualization, AI development workloads and gaming. Currently running with only the 2 default case fans and side panel removed for cooling.

System build:

i9-11900K Air cooler used

RTX-3090 FTW3

Asus ROG Strix Z590E

Questions

1. 2 x 140 fans on the front vs 3 X 120?

2. Top Fan(s) are they worth it?

2a.  If yes same as question 1

2b.  Alignment of Fans on top all in take or all exhaust or front 1or 2 intake and rear exhaust?

3. Recommended brand? I don't care about RGB

What do people have and what works well?

38 minutes ago, Skel71 said:

have a new 4000D Airflow case and looking to get recommendations on case fan setups. I had planned to get additional fans after the initial purchase and i could look at the case. Using the system for virtualization, AI development workloads and gaming. Currently running with only the 2 default case fans and side panel removed for cooling.

System build:

i9-11900K Air cooler used

RTX-3090 FTW3

Asus ROG Strix Z590E

Questions

1. 2 x 140 fans on the front vs 3 X 120?

2. Top Fan(s) are they worth it?

2a.  If yes same as question 1

2b.  Alignment of Fans on top all in take or all exhaust or front 1or 2 intake and rear exhaust?

3. Recommended brand? I don't care about RGB

What do people have and what works well?

are you using an aio for the cpu or tower cooler? if aio i put it on the top as exhaust and can have the back fan exhaust and front intake .

if you have a tower cooler i would not add any fans to the top only the back exhaust and front intake. if gpu temps still to hi passably add a fan to the back top as exhaust.

3x 120mm push more air but 2x 140mm should be quieter so up to you i guess.

as for what fans well there's a few just depends on how much you want to spend i guess.

cheap artic pwm p12/p14 fans 5 pack

i like the gentle typhoons pwm (i payed like $20-$25can for mine) there alot of diffret versions of it thow...

expensive noctua

expensive phanteks t30

other fans

Thermaltake ToughFan 12 2pack

Thermaltake TOUGHFAN 14 Black PWM 2pack

Scythe WS-120

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Thank you for the input

I have a tower cooler for the CPU.

I will also look into the gentle typhoons have not looked at those. I also like the idea of skipping the top fan on first go around and then determine if it is needed.