MSI B550I WONT POST NO MATTER WHAT CPU

4v3ry

*before I tried a different motherboard but it was older and I didn't realize it wasn't 5000 series ready so I returned it*

On this one the box it says 5000 series ready, and everything's good it turns on all the fans turn on and the io lights up gpu fans are on but the cpu light is on. I figured maybe the bios wasn't actually up to date so I tried my 3700x in it and it didn't work either , cpu light still on. No idea what's wrong. Tried both cpus in my personal rig and they both work just fine. Tried them on two other motherboards now and neither will post. Maybe its the gpu? but why would the cpu light be on? Could it be than ram? idfk.

4 minutes ago, 4v3ry said:

*before I tried a different motherboard but it was older and I didn't realize it wasn't 5000 series ready so I returned it*

On this one the box it says 5000 series ready, and everything's good it turns on all the fans turn on and the io lights up gpu fans are on but the cpu light is on. I figured maybe the bios wasn't actually up to date so I tried my 3700x in it and it didn't work either , cpu light still on. No idea what's wrong. Tried both cpus in my personal rig and they both work just fine. Tried them on two other motherboards now and neither will post. Maybe its the gpu? but why would the cpu light be on? Could it be than ram? idfk.

Yes it could be RAM. First thing I would check is that the CPU power connector on both the motherboard and PSU side to make sure they work. If that doesn't work, reseat the memory. If that doesn't work, try a different memory kit (it sounds like you have one). If that doesn't work, try a different PSU. If that doesn't work, RMA the board. 

Edited by RONOTHAN##

If there's BIOS issues, you can update the BIOS without a CPU by inserting a usb stick with the bios on it, and then pressing the Flash BIOS button. 

There's 4 bios versions on the website for your motherboard ... v10, v14, v17  - v17 is needed for the processors with integrated graphics 

You don't say what CPU you have. 

Don't forget you need the 8 pin CPU cable plugged in, and the 24pin cable.  

Also, keep in mind that the first time a system boots it can take up to a minute or so for everything to initialize and get something on screen. Usually it's 10-20 seconds, but often it's more.  If you're constantly removing power if the system doesn't turn on it 5-10 seconds or so, then be more patient. 

Another tip... don't connect a reset switch to the reset pins on the front panel header, if the reset is kept press, the motherboard would never start. In very rare cases buttons / switches are faulty and keep the motherboard in reset loop.