Azza's PSU actual manufacturer

Berserker1087

Hello guys, I'm about to get a new GPU and according to the recommended specs my PSU does not meet the requirements. Upon checking on my local computer shop website I've noticed that they hay an Azza PSU 750w very affordable. However, I'd like to find out first the actual manufacturer(Seasonic, FSP or some random company) of that PSU before pulling the trigger. On top of that the next unit is basically double the price. 

Azza PSU.jpg

3 minutes ago, Berserker1087 said:

Hello guys, I'm about to get a new GPU and according to the recommended specs my PSU does not meet the requirements.

What GPU, and what is your current power supply?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

They seem to have used Super Flower almost exclusively from what I can find, so I'd expect the same for that unit most likely. 

That said, overall quality and reviews on them is not good and the lack of solid information on it is an immediate red flag. The forum's PSU tier list also lists it as tier 4 and not recommended. 

31 minutes ago, Middcore said:

What GPU, and what is your current power supply?

Current PSU is a Seasonic 620w and the card depending on availability might be a 3070 or 3070ti 

9 minutes ago, TheBean said:

theres probably a reason why its half the price of other ones... its a bad psu. 

Well, not exactly half the price but the difference is considerable. Either way I got the point.

26 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

They seem to have used Super Flower almost exclusively from what I can find, so I'd expect the same for that unit most likely. 

That said, overall quality and reviews on them is not good and the lack of solid information on it is an immediate red flag. The forum's PSU tier list also lists it as tier 4 and not recommended. 

Great, thank you so much for the info. Also, I'll take a look at the "PSU tier list" (new here and I'm still getting used to the forum)

5 minutes ago, Berserker1087 said:

Current PSU is a Seasonic 620w and the card depending on availability might be a 3070 or 3070ti 

Provided it's a decent unit, 620w will be okay for both of those, assuming you haven't got some ridiculously power hungry CPU in the system.

11 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Provided it's a decent unit, 620w will be okay for both of those, assuming you haven't got some ridiculously power hungry CPU in the system.

That's the thing, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 so not power hungry at all. I was planning on getting the gpu(probably this weekend) and give it a try as is and if anything happens try to get a better PSU. Hopefully that's not gonna be necessary. 

1 minute ago, Berserker1087 said:

That's the thing, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 so not power hungry at all. I was planning on getting the card(probably this weekend) and give it a try as is and if anything happens try to get a better PSU. Hopefully that's not gonna be necessary. 

Yeah that's fine, no need to change PSU.

1 hour ago, Berserker1087 said:

Hello guys, I'm about to get a new GPU and according to the recommended specs my PSU does not meet the requirements. Upon checking on my local computer shop website I've noticed that they hay an Azza PSU 750w very affordable. However, I'd like to find out first the actual manufacturer(Seasonic, FSP or some random company) of that PSU before pulling the trigger. On top of that the next unit is basically double the price. 

Azza PSU.jpg

Can you link to the actual product?

5 hours ago, Berserker1087 said:

That's the thing, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 so not power hungry at all. I was planning on getting the gpu(probably this weekend) and give it a try as is and if anything happens try to get a better PSU. Hopefully that's not gonna be necessary. 

Replace it. 620w Seasonic is a M12II or S12II. That are groupregulated units with a loud fan and bad protections. I wouldn't use it with a brand new expensive GPU.

10 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Replace it. 620w Seasonic is a M12II or S12II. That are groupregulated units with a loud fan and bad protections. I wouldn't use it with a brand new expensive GPU.

Yeah.. but we don't want @Berserker1087to replace it with some random Azza unit which is typically also DF, group reg like their current stuff.

15 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yeah.. but we don't want @Berserker1087to replace it with some random Azza unit which is typically also DF, group reg like their current stuff.

At least it's not group regulated.

It's a AZZA PSAZ-750G.

Azza PSAZ-750G - 14.jpg

7 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

At least it's not group regulated.

It's a AZZA PSAZ-750G.

Azza PSAZ-750G - 14.jpg

LOL!! Helly platform used by Antec NE-G.

481a06d4b4d7ccc442437c7e7154f0a5.jpg

3 hours ago, --SID-- said:

It's a AZZA PSAZ-750G.

Huh, so they were Helly before it became popular. Would be moved to tier C LP then, although there are two versions of AZZA PSAZ as far as i'm aware. Got a link for where you got that shot from so i can put it in tier list sources ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

10 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

That was a long time ago, current units are definitely not Super Flower. What's the OEM for Bronze units is irrelevant as they're 100% garbage. Gold unit is Helly as it turns out, so maybe decent, although there are zero proper reviews on this platform yet. And Platinum one looks like Andyson judging by the casing but what's inside i have no idea.

14 minutes ago, Juular said:

Huh, so they were Helly before it became popular. Would be moved to tier C LP then, although there are two versions of AZZA PSAZ as far as i'm aware. Got a link for where you got that shot from so i can put it in tier list sources ?

It's a bad review but here you go https://www.hardwareinside.de/azza-psaz-750g-in-der-vorstellung-59332/

7 hours ago, Juular said:

Yeah.  There's a PSAZ non-modular that I think is completely different.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yeah.  There's a PSAZ non-modular that I think is completely different.

It is, the 80+ Bronze one. Didn't see it's internals but it's definitely group regulated judging by the 12V rail output, so probably some random dirt cheap stuff.