IP adress not valid/Unidentified Network

Viktor277

My network went out while my pc was asleep but this happens kind of frequently, just this time i wasn't on my pc. Windows troubleshooting isn't doing much better either, since i just get the same error message every time i try any fix (troubleshooter is unable to find the problem). Motherboard is Prime X370 Pro. I had this issue before and i used to resolve it by either simple restart of router or calling the service provider to give me ip adress to put it in manually. Tried it, won't work this time, tried to restart the router to factory settings, nothing, reset of network setting, still nothing. Reinstalled chipset drivers, nothing. Uninstalled the intel gigabit lan (l221) on device manager, tried to install driver for that but wont open the file. Network works on every device in the house except for the pc, i've been told that there was probably some miscommunication between pc and the router and the ip adress got scrambled, ipconfig is showing 10.131.33.80 under IPv4. Running out of options here any other suggestion other than windows reinstall is more than welcome..

is only a single device getting this problem or everyone? does it happen if your computer stays on?

3 minutes ago, TheBean said:

is only a single device getting this problem or everyone? does it happen if your computer stays on?

I updated the post my bad. And no, i don't remembered this happening while i was using it.

if you are using windows 10, there is a network reset option. it resets everything related to networking. so passwords are gone, settings are reset to default, drivers are clean installed etc. you will lose internet until you restart and it will force you to do so. it takes like 5 mins so i would try that

Just now, TheBean said:

if you are using windows 10, there is a network reset option. it resets everything related to networking. so passwords are gone, settings are reset to default, drivers are clean installed etc. you will lose internet until you restart and it will force you to do so. it takes like 5 mins so i would try that

I wrote that i already did that reset and i made no difference.. but thanks anyway

Just now, TheBean said:

does ethernet also cause problems or just wifi?

no wifi works fine, tv in living room is also connected via ethernet and it works fine.

33 minutes ago, Viktor277 said:

no wifi works fine, tv in living room is also connected via ethernet and it works fine.

i meant for the computer that is having problems

26 minutes ago, TheBean said:

i meant for the computer that is having problems

well um besides not providing it with data other than that pc is running well.