Help, i accidentaly merged the music folder with my user folder

GPAKOS

Hello
I was using the "Move" function for relocating the default Music folder, I was going from D:/Music to C:/Users/myuser/Music. I accidentally moved it to C:/Users/myuser. I'm not worried about losing the music itself, I have copies. The problem is that now my user folder cannot be renamed from Music, and the move functionality no longer works, stating Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied.

Update:

Ok so, i managed to get back to windows support. I gave remote access to the tech guy using the quick assist tool. He created a new administrator user using the cmd. We logged in again from that user. From there he managed to rename and change the icon of the user folder back to how it was. However the issue of the Music icon under "This Pc" leading to my user folder still persisted. He tried to do the same things we did (moving the file using the properties and restoring to default). He got exactly the same 2 errors ( 1) Access denied and 2) Specific path is not valid) . To fix these errors he went to the security tab right next to it and added permisions and gave full control to all the users. However that still didn't fix it. So he simply found the Music folder  inside my user folder that the music folder was supposed to go and pinned it to quick access. 
In conclusion, he renamed and changed the icon of the user folder and pinned a music folder on quick access for me to move my music there.
Did it fix the problem? No
But since programs (like minecraft for example :P) can still locate the appdata folder without an issue and i can log in into the user without any errors, we both agreed that there is nothing more we can do here and there is no cause for alarm.
Don't get me wrong, i am still very disappointed that a windows tech guy with remote access couldn't fix this issue and that is issue is very easy to replicate. 
It's really unconvinced that i have a music icon in my shortcuts leading to my user profile but hey, i shouldn't be clicking on things i wasn't sure about in the first place.
I hope on the next update windows will fix this and wont allow you to mask paths like this so no more people have to waste their time trying to fix this.

Fun to note: He didn't bother with regedit even though i told him that maybe he can fix it from there.

TL;DR : A Windows support guy with remote access to the computer couldn't figure out a solution to this problem after 2 hours of constantly trying and thus this issue remains unsolved for eternity.

11 hours ago, tkitch said:

Are you saying there are two Music folders in the user directory?

When i click the music icon on the left under "This Pc"  it opens the user file which is now renamed to "Music" with the same icon
At first i was worried that programs using the user folder or the appdata for that matter would get confused, no issues have occured yet but it's really unconvinient since both the User folder and the music folder share the same destination
A.thumb.png.8ca158446da1684b6c4f69ca3afbadc6.png

b.png

Change the folder back to another random folder you create outside of your user folder (without moving files), then change it again to the correct one?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Change the folder back to another random folder you create outside of your user folder (without moving files), then change it again to the correct one?

I clicked on the user now named Music, properties, location and then restore to default
But sadly:

c.png

Yes of course because the default music folder is inside your "new" music folder, hence why I said create another folder. Make a random folder straight in c:\ and select that as music folder. Then it won't have anything to do with your user dir anymore, so you should be able to restore to default.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Yes of course because the default music folder is inside your "new" music folder, hence why I said create another folder. Make a random folder straight in c:\ and select that as music folder. Then it won't have anything to do with your user dir anymore, so you should be able to restore to default.

I did the following (hope that was your suggestion):
1) I created a new folder on C:\ and named it Music (one more Inside it just in case the same problem happens)
2) I right clicked the music folder under "This Pc" on the left and opened properties
3) I clicked location -> move and spesified this new Music folder as the destination
4) I clicked Apply
5) A warning appeared and i pressed "No" since i don't want my appdata and user filers to be moved there
6) An error appeared

e.png

d.png

I'm afraid you won't be able to fix it without making a whole new user account...

F@H

GPD Win 2

57 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I'm afraid you won't be able to fix it without making a whole new user account...

I made a new user with administration rights. I made a folder there and named it "User Backup"
I clicked copy on the old user (still named Music) and pasted it on "User Backup"
However some files like NTUSER.DAT, ntuser.dat.LOG1 and ntuser.dat.LOG2 to name a few couldn't be copied.
Then i tried to restore the default location of the music and clicked "yes" on the warning this time but still it didn't let me move it.

Final thing i tried was :
1) I went to regedit 
2) 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders
3) Double clicked on "My Music" 
4) Changed the value data from %USERPROFILE% to %USERPROFILE%\Music
5) Restarted the pc
6) Nothing changed 😛

Also, by changing the value data to 
%USERPROFILE%\Music completely removed the option to move location
So i changed it back to %USERPROFILE% and it appeared again

Yeah if even editing the registry doesn't help, probably not much choice. Maybe check that any other of the other user folders look OK...

https://www.repairwin.com/change-personal-folders-location-using-registry-windows-8-7-vista/

I meant making a new user account for yourself to use, reconfiguring your settings, moving any files you want to keep across from the old one to the new one...

F@H

GPD Win 2