Be quiet pure base 500 alternatives

zablotzky

Hi Guys, I'm after an ATX case to upgrade from fractal node 304 after obtaining Aorus 3060 Ti. I don't have budget anymore (damn you scalpers) so the cheaper the better, but at the same time I don't want anything that is rubbish.

I am leaning towards be quiet pure base 500 case, as it seems to be reasonably decent quality, enough space for cable management and on paper seems to be quiet (pun intended!). Price-wise is manageable and it will not take too much space on my desk which is also nice. I would define my priorities as per following: price > quietness > build quality > airflow > eye candies

I was wondering if there are any other options similar in build quality, quietness, dimensions and price, like Corsair 4000D, Meshify C or 2, maybe something from Lian Li? 

Intel i5 8400 + bq! Pure Rock | ASrock B365M | Aorus RTX 3060 Ti Elite | Goodram DDR4 2x8GB 3000MHz | Goodram PX500 512GB M.2 NVMe | Cooler Master 650W Gold

I personally use the Lian Li O11D XL-W ATX Full Tower Case it's not exactly small, but not really that big. I also understand it's not cheap which was part of your priorities. Just sadly good cases don't come cheap. I have actually used a be quiet! case before too, but I'm not sure which it was. However, a bit of review on it is that it made my components within that PC after 6 months incredibly dusty yet its supposed to be basically air tight except the exhaust and intake. I think what didnt help is the fact theres no dust protectors or anything, and theres a lot of foamy material that dampens fan noise, it probably attracted a lot of dust.

What's different with this case specifically is how it stores the drives and the PSU, away from sight. When looking into the side&front glass panels, you cannot see a PSU or HDD at all. This brings in a TON of room for those really long GPUs, as long as you aren't doing hardline water cooling (no pump).

My case is holding both a 1080ti and a 2080ti. I'm not saying go out and buy it because I told you to, but it is a nice case and I've went through many. The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X was my previous case which I only moved from because of how the HDDs were stored (where a pump would normally be). I just didnt like looking at my drives in ugly cages, being in the way of my at the time new 2080ti. Other than that it is a fantastic case as well.

Here's my desk with my Lian Li case:

7HHcdhzGlnuV0pE_fkXPXpsIKLPSRVzPwL2Us1K5CudGgA_2iAsBWlJ7E89VUUnpdZc9oheYfFsuN9sIDEJgMBHtvdzUa6eNf5kTee2YOsQOkHjezQ_A8LkSd_WgTem7MHNCeg-DTpm3cylE5MdiH2pEMxdhCWKWzJa7cn5rYasuxv1johSURswDS59NyGPxokMShqvU657VuLpWQpXzJ1ubGCs--TLYPiqnnfC6SQw6Gn-takoAC7lCRjcj_bcqpx1TizY8k77-QSdwMW_v7-L9c9fjr7R0ZnPmUlMj_tl-KjJIKn5HacC83xX0AOp2UqWJxAvgqMKaSlNIxbj6U_8lrdN6yThm3d6GWt1gSwiNUNoxvI1WjaR6xcdWxjC-0G4tIC3_iBw7Edvxr6GO_qNYOfIWTyM6C5xAk5PvREV1ehmcys1C4cldqb5TIUGvciy6OQ8enBzsnDTz4fm5OVkSjn7x66cv1nOvNf0Ueealed96usrv22L0kaP-xlrqlDgime4JrGuG7uoJ9s2fB_KJNgUAIB8paunu7_vtbgGOI6bxvVdW9OEiux85yAlXvjc4ylU0CqQhrtTyUIBA9ILZGzH4fW3ibx_EZc3KzhxOsiwKJ6P5NojrlX_OIHIW4ef2Twd_ZLVhjIH1bWZtwMtxBuHCgeAb-DlJsnk4T516ozxYKe5glzjDkUgeQgaU2mICIeKojLuSl5e456zLERP_=w994-h746-no?authuser=0

As you can see, there's tons of room for even a way longer GPU (or two), and you cant see a PSU or HDD in sight. Believe it or not but I have 4x 10TB WD Red NAS drives in there 😮

This must be a pretty big desk... I'm afraid I don't have that much space. Although the case looks really good and I am sure there plenty of space and airflow inside, it's currently over the budget. 

Intel i5 8400 + bq! Pure Rock | ASrock B365M | Aorus RTX 3060 Ti Elite | Goodram DDR4 2x8GB 3000MHz | Goodram PX500 512GB M.2 NVMe | Cooler Master 650W Gold

Just now, zablotzky said:

This must be a pretty big desk... I'm afraid I don't have that much space. Although the case looks really good and I am sure there plenty of space and airflow inside, it's currently over the budget. 

I was afraid it would be out of the budget. As for my desk, it is the IKEA Bekant 160x80 which is quite big yeah. If I may though, I do recommend you not to put your PC directly on the floor, even if you don't have a carpet. It attracts dust incredibly easily, especially if you sit down a lot near it and especially if you eat around it.

I'm afraid though I don't have any more recommendations mostly as I do not know that many budget cases. Best of luck.

Lian li lancool 205 Mesh can be found for similar price as be quiet pure base 500 and would be mine choice due to better airflow 

4 minutes ago, rlaphoenix said:

...I do recommend you not to put your PC directly on the floor, even if you don't have a carpet. It attracts dust incredibly easily, especially if you sit down a lot near it and especially if you eat around it.

I'm afraid though I don't have any more recommendations mostly as I do not know that many budget cases. Best of luck.

This is not my first PC, no worries 😉 thanks anyway!

4 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

Lian li lancool 205 Mesh can be found for similar price as be quiet pure base 500 and would be mine choice due to better airflow 

This one seams promising. I must check how it performs from noise dampening perspective. Does it come with dust filter at the front panel? 

Lian Li 205 Mesh comes with 3 fans, while Corsair 4000D comes with only 2, but I can get it for ~10€ cheaper (I have some fans lying around which I could use). Corsair has been mentioned by GN in terms of noise performance (together with BQ 500DX by the way) and judging by the pictures it looks better imo. What's also worth to mention, Corsair includes usb-A and usb-C in front I/O, Lian Li only double usb-A 3.0

Tough choice! 

For now I have ordered Lian Li 205 Mesh and Corsair 4000D to have hands-on experience. I will see how they compare and if nothing else will catch my attention I will keep one of them and return the other one.