bad experience with Hyper X Alloy Elite keyboards.. suggestions?

zyclonenuz

hi everyone ! first of all I would like to apologize for my poor English..

anyway just want to ask.. anyone here ever used Hyper X Alloy Elite 1 and 2 keyboards? i bought the Elite 1 around late 2019 and after like 5-6 months of using it some keys started to act up and not function properly then some keys just stopped working, so since it is still under warranty i returned it to the shop where i bought it and after 2 weeks they replaced it.. well actually not really replaced it. but told me they will replace it and i can choose any keyboard and brand i want since the Elite 1 was already phased out. Sadly there were not many keyboard to choose from that time so i got the Elite 2 instead. After 9 months of using it now here i am again having problem with some of the keys especially the letter "S" its not working properly. like if i press the letter S 10 times it will only register like 7-8 times.

anyone else had problems with hyperX keyboard? one main reason why i got this is because of the volume wheel/roller. i know its kind stupid reason. the other choice were corsair i think. but kinda way out of my budget. so anyway any suggestion of a good keyboard with volume wheel/roller and swappable keyswitch ?

edit

i bought the keyboard again to the store where i bought it. i hope they can replace it since it is still under warranty

Hello, sorry to read that you are having problems with your keyboard.  Although I can't speak for your make and model keyboard, I think I can speak for mine and you might want to consider replacing your with one like I have just in case....  I have a Corsair Gaming K68 RGB Mechanical keyboard and considering what happened I have to say it is pretty good.

About three weeks ago my dog jumped up on my desk and knocked over a full 8 ounce glass of orange juice.  I was not in the room when it happened so unfortunately the orange juice sat in the keyboard for a couple of hours until I made it back home.

Not knowing what to do, I disconnected the keyboard, took it in the bathroom and let the hot water in the bathtub run over the keyboard for a good 15-20 minutes.  I used the hottest water that I could get out of the faucet and just moved the keyboard back and forth under the water.

After the bathtub job, I used my wife's hairdryer to blow it dry for about another 15-20 minutes.  I wanted to make sure the keyboard was high and dry before anything else happened.  After the blowdryer, I let the keyboard sit for three days just to let it air dry, to make sure there was no chance whatsoeverd there was any water in it.

Now, here it is three weeks down the road and the keyboard works great, just like the day that I took it out of the box.

That is exactly what happened to my keyboard so Corsair has my vote when it comes to keyboards.

Good Luck.

18 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Hello, sorry to read that you are having problems with your keyboard.  Although I can't speak for your make and model keyboard, I think I can speak for mine and you might want to consider replacing your with one like I have just in case....  I have a Corsair Gaming K68 RGB Mechanical keyboard and considering what happened I have to say it is pretty good.

About three weeks ago my dog jumped up on my desk and knocked over a full 8 ounce glass of orange juice.  I was not in the room when it happened so unfortunately the orange juice sat in the keyboard for a couple of hours until I made it back home.

Not knowing what to do, I disconnected the keyboard, took it in the bathroom and let the hot water in the bathtub run over the keyboard for a good 15-20 minutes.  I used the hottest water that I could get out of the faucet and just moved the keyboard back and forth under the water.

After the bathtub job, I used my wife's hairdryer to blow it dry for about another 15-20 minutes.  I wanted to make sure the keyboard was high and dry before anything else happened.  After the blowdryer, I let the keyboard sit for three days just to let it air dry, to make sure there was no chance whatsoeverd there was any water in it.

Now, here it is three weeks down the road and the keyboard works great, just like the day that I took it out of the box.

That is exactly what happened to my keyboard so Corsair has my vote when it comes to keyboards.

Good Luck.

whoa ! that is nice ! ok i think I will get that Corsair Gaming K68 if the shop decides to replace my keyboard and tells me to just go pick what ever i want like last time. thanks for the suggestion ! by the way I hope you don't mind me asking... how long have you been using your Corsair Gaming K68 RGB ?

27 minutes ago, zyclonenuz said:

whoa ! that is nice ! ok i think I will get that Corsair Gaming K68 if the shop decides to replace my keyboard and tells me to just go pick what ever i want like last time. thanks for the suggestion ! by the way I hope you don't mind me asking... how long have you been using your Corsair Gaming K68 RGB ?

Thanks for asking, my Corsair keyboard must be at least a year old I suppose as I got it last year in October for my b-day (if I remember right) so yea, next month would be a year.  During that time, the only problem that I have had with it is the deal with the dog and the orange juice.  Even after washing it out in the bathtub and everything, the RGB function works just like the day it did when I got it without any problems.

Good Luck.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Thanks for asking, my Corsair keyboard must be at least a year old I suppose as I got it last year in October for my b-day (if I remember right) so yea, next month would be a year.  During that time, the only problem that I have had with it is the deal with the dog and the orange juice.  Even after washing it out in the bathtub and everything, the RGB function works just like the day it did when I got it without any problems.

Good Luck.

cool ! thanks !