Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gpu's for close to MSRP Near Bay Area

Hey, for anyone wondering my freind recently told me about a shop in the bay area called "centeral computers", its a computershop couple of my freinds bought their 2060's their for around $600 which is way better than current prices especially if you buy from a scalper. Dunno try it out, they have instore locations and stuff but this is for people who live close or in the bay area. Estimate prices may grow - 2060 - $560, 3060 - $600 3070 - $800-900, 3080 - $1.2-1.3k. I know these prices aren't MSRP but their fairly better. Just trying to help tell me if it comes usefull to you, have a great day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SippyCup45 said:

Hey, for anyone wondering my freind recently told me about a shop in the bay area called "centeral computers", its a computershop couple of my freinds bought their 2060's their for around $600 which is way better than current prices especially if you buy from a scalper. Dunno try it out, they have instore locations and stuff but this is for people who live close or in the bay area. Estimate prices may grow - 2060 - $560, 3060 - $600 3070 - $800-900, 3080 - $1.2-1.3k. I know these prices aren't MSRP but their fairly better. Just trying to help tell me if it comes usefull to you, have a great day.

Seeing 5 outlets but only 4 pins.  Weird.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Seeing 5 outlets but only 4 pins.  Weird.

Hm, didn't notice that couple of my freinds got a 2060 from their it seems to work fine. Could be a problem with the website. Thanks for noticing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SippyCup45 said:

Hm, didn't notice that couple of my freinds got a 2060 from their it seems to work fine. Could be a problem with the website. Thanks for noticing.

True.  It may not actually be the mom and pop you assume though.  If you got away with good deals you got away with good deals.  It does seem to be more than a single store though.  Might be a visit-in-person kind of thing.  I don’t know.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every single one of those is at least 160% of MSRP. I wouldn't consider that "close to MSRP". Sure it's better than most scalpers, but that's a very low bar to clear.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

 

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mistake on my end

 

 

 

Just now, BobVonBob said:

Every single one of those is at least 160% of MSRP. I wouldn't consider that "close to MSRP". Sure it's better than most scalpers, but that's a very low bar to clear.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

True.  It may not actually be the mom and pop you assume though.  If you got away with good deals you got away with good deals.  It does seem to be more than a single store though.  Might be a visit-in-person kind of thing.  I don’t know.

Yeah I guess im planning on getting my 2070 from their, let you know when I do

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SippyCup45 said:

.

Those prices seem to be ebay prices less fees, wouldn't be surprised if they are sellers. The lower range of those prices isn't a bad deal.

5950x 1.32v 5.05 4.55 82C 185w (still testing, likely not stable) R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-28-2T (zen doesn't like timings as much) 1.49v 45C 1.15v soc ll evga 1080ti hybrid (waiting on next gen) ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll all nf12/14 fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll x27 ll PA272w

 

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 185w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5450 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-32-280-24 ddr3733  bdie 1.49v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 325w 69C stock voltage (bad ocer) ll  8x nf12/14 fans 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA242w (movie, work mon) 1080p 60hzll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98 fan is dying)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, xg32 said:

Those prices seem to be ebay prices less fees, wouldn't be surprised if they are sellers. The lower range of those prices isn't a bad deal.

No its a legit store. I just dropped by their in location today they build computers and sell all sorts of parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SippyCup45 said:

No its a legit store. I just dropped by their in location today they build computers and sell all sorts of parts.

I do not doubt this.  It did show up as existing after all. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×