what's a good tablet (possible new LTT vid)

Jmann1092

I use my asus zen 10 tablet for hulu Netflix and other video watching currently when I watch some hulu shows the tablet just freezes sometimes it works and other times it does. if someone can point me in the direction of newer android tablets id appreciate it shopping online doesn't help very off brand tablets and other tablets are still on old os 

im gonna be honest.. i dont like apple products but their ipads are fantastic for the price compared to android. theres a reason why nobody talks about android tablets... the base model ipad is only 300 and its probably better than a 500$ android tablet

Honestly if you want a tablet go with an iPad or a 2-in-1. Samsung's galaxy tabs are the only android tablets worth looking at, and even they aren't very compelling. I haven't seen an android tablet worth seriously considering over an iPad since Nvidia stopped making the shield tablet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

As others have said, the only real good tablets are the iPads. Pretty much all the Android based tablets are pretty bad, though your best bet among those would be from the likes of Samsung. 

3 hours ago, Jmann1092 said:

oesn't help very off brand tablets and other tablets are still on old os

Thats because Google lost to Apple. Google no longer offers "Tablet" support on Android. Its up to the device makers to do that themselves. Which is why they dont get updated very often. Apple has some nice tablets, they offer pretty decent amount of support on their products. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 9/21/2021 at 3:22 PM, Jmann1092 said:

I use my asus zen 10 tablet for hulu Netflix and other video watching currently when I watch some hulu shows the tablet just freezes sometimes it works and other times it does. if someone can point me in the direction of newer android tablets id appreciate it shopping online doesn't help very off brand tablets and other tablets are still on old os 

If you want something to watch videos, then maybe something like a Galaxy Tab S6 for that AMOLED screen and 4 speakers. But for a tablet to actually get some work done on the side as well, the iPad is still king.

I've tried Samsung DeX when I had a Tab S5e and while it worked and was fine... I just wound up switching back to just the standard tablet experience. With a 10" display, you really don't want to work with windowed applications. It's like we're really going back to Netbook territory when trying to run a full desktop OS on a tiny display. Performance was also... meh. The iPad is certainly more refined in terms of software. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 9/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, Donut417 said:

Thats because Google lost to Apple. Google no longer offers "Tablet" support on Android. Its up to the device makers to do that themselves. Which is why they dont get updated very often. Apple has some nice tablets, they offer pretty decent amount of support on their products. 

It's not so much that Google lost to Apple as that it never really tried.

Google's definition of tablet "support" so far has largely been limited to offering a scale-up for certain apps with a few lines of code. It still doesn't really do much to foster native tablet app development; it's still difficult to know which apps on the Play Store are tablet-friendly. The OS itself has relatively few tablet optimizations. And Google didn't help matters by shifting its attention to Chrome OS tablets in recent years.

I'll repeat an analogy I've used before. If Apple is the student that gets solid As by showing up at every class, Google is the student that attends the bare minimum of classes and wonders why it failed the final exam. The iPad wins simply because Apple always supports the app ecosystem, always has new iPad hardware every year and routinely delivers tablet-specific software features.

Google... well, it's like Microsoft in the '00s under Ballmer. It expects its monopoly in one area (in this case, phones) to magically translate to dominance in all areas, and it's giving up control of entire categories (mainly tablets and smartwatches) because it doesn't realize it needs to put in real effort.

In short: the OP should probably get an iPad, although something like the Galaxy Tab S7 FE might do the job if it has to be Android.