Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

insanely long post time on asus rog b460-f gaming motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Earlmid,
On 9/21/2021 at 11:12 PM, Earlmid said:

i recently built a new computer with an asus rog b460-f motherboard and it literally spends 2-3 mins on the rog asus splash screen before it blinks and goes into the actual uefi boot screen and boots up. i'm running the latest bios, my ram should be fine and i have it set up with the xmp profile it should use, and i didn't have these issues using the same usb devices and ssd/hdds in my previous build. so i don't really understand why i'm having these issues.

has anyone had some similar type of problem? any tips for fixing?

ok after some more testing i've narrowed the problem down to the safe boot not liking one of my usb hubs, this wasn't an issue with my old mbo since it was too old for safe boot lol

i recently built a new computer with an asus rog b460-f motherboard and it literally spends 2-3 mins on the rog asus splash screen before it blinks and goes into the actual uefi boot screen and boots up. i'm running the latest bios, my ram should be fine and i have it set up with the xmp profile it should use, and i didn't have these issues using the same usb devices and ssd/hdds in my previous build. so i don't really understand why i'm having these issues.

27 minutes ago, Earlmid said:

When I upgraded the harddisks in my system to 4x2tb's to 1x8tb I started experiencing much longer post times.

If you have a very large drive, or a good chunk of drives, it could be one of the main causes.

Best troubleshooting method that I can think of would be to unplug everything but the boot drive, and then see how long your post is.

However, if you're still running into the issue, consider updating your BIOS.

The Big UwU - Wise Words
1. PSU Wattage =/= PSU Quality
80+ Certification doesn't mean shit.
2. Don't cheap out on the heart of your system.

"B-b-but it was 20$ @ 800w, it was a steal!!" - An idiot with a dead PC.
3. Do not buy for brand, buy for the product.

Every company makes their fair line of garbage.

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

31 minutes ago, Earlmid said:

ALWAYS get a new build started with the minimum components required to get an OS installed... if you start throwing loads of drives & devices at a new build it can cause confusion as to what to take most notice of.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for additional info. added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

8 minutes ago, JJorbann said:

When I upgraded the harddisks in my system to 4x2tb's to 1x8tb I started experiencing much longer post times.

If you have a very large drive, or a good chunk of drives, it could be one of the main causes.

Best troubleshooting method that I can think of would be to unplug everything but the boot drive, and then see how long your post is.

However, if you're still running into the issue, consider updating your BIOS.

i mean i have an ssd and two hdds on 1 and 2 tb but i doubt that should be enough to make the system slow, especially since i had no issues with these drives on my previous z97 mbo from msi. the boot drive was also completely wiped and got a clean wininstall ofcourse. i also have the newest bios from asus. 

3 minutes ago, Earlmid said:

i mean i have an ssd and two hdds on 1 and 2 tb but i doubt that should be enough to make the system slow, especially since i had no issues with these drives on my previous z97 mbo from msi. the boot drive was also completely wiped and got a clean wininstall ofcourse. i also have the newest bios from asus. 

Try and reflash the latest BIOS if it's an option, maybe something messed up on the way.
Regardless, remove all drives but the boot drive, and see if the issue disapears, it could be a setting in the BIOS that is toggled differently from your old motherboard.

The Big UwU - Wise Words
1. PSU Wattage =/= PSU Quality
80+ Certification doesn't mean shit.
2. Don't cheap out on the heart of your system.

"B-b-but it was 20$ @ 800w, it was a steal!!" - An idiot with a dead PC.
3. Do not buy for brand, buy for the product.

Every company makes their fair line of garbage.

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

On 9/21/2021 at 11:12 PM, Earlmid said:

ok after some more testing i've narrowed the problem down to the safe boot not liking one of my usb hubs, this wasn't an issue with my old mbo since it was too old for safe boot lol