Pc shuts off when playing games

creepslayer

I just recently built myself a pc, and ive been playing games on it. But ive run into an issue with it. occasionally when playing a game my PC will just shut down, sometimes with a minor glitch effect. This started happening approximately a week after the build. At first it happened, i turned the pc back on and continued playing minecraft an hour before it crashed again. I turned on the computer and kept playing minecraft and this time it shut down after 20 min. i kept playing and the time between turning the pc on and shutting down went all the way to 2 minutes. So the next time i turned the pc on i didnt play and i did something else, and the pc didnt crash.

About a month later i decided to try minecraft again and it didnt crash!...for a whole 2 hours. Then it shut down, i turned it back on and kept playing and after an hour it shut down again and the same thing happened as last time.

I dont know why this happens and the only games ive gotten to work so far without crashing are lower graphics quality games, like terraria and stardew valley. I also tried minecraft on badlion client(before i was playing lunar client) and it doesnt crash.   

My specs:
Intel core i7 11700k

asus b560m plus wifi motherboard

16 gb ram

1tb nvme pcIe4.0 ssd

no graphics card(intel uhd 750 ingergrated graphics)

any help is really appreciated

What psu are you using? and what is your ram speed?

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

1 hour ago, creepslayer said:

I just recently built myself a pc, and ive been playing games on it. But ive run into an issue with it. occasionally when playing a game my PC will just shut down, sometimes with a minor glitch effect. This started happening approximately a week after the build. At first it happened, i turned the pc back on and continued playing minecraft an hour before it crashed again. I turned on the computer and kept playing minecraft and this time it shut down after 20 min. i kept playing and the time between turning the pc on and shutting down went all the way to 2 minutes. So the next time i turned the pc on i didnt play and i did something else, and the pc didnt crash.

About a month later i decided to try minecraft again and it didnt crash!...for a whole 2 hours. Then it shut down, i turned it back on and kept playing and after an hour it shut down again and the same thing happened as last time.

I dont know why this happens and the only games ive gotten to work so far without crashing are lower graphics quality games, like terraria and stardew valley. I also tried minecraft on badlion client(before i was playing lunar client) and it doesnt crash.   

My specs:
Intel core i7 11700k

asus b560m plus wifi motherboard

16 gb ram

1tb nvme pcIe4.0 ssd

no graphics card(intel uhd 750 ingergrated graphics)

any help is really appreciated

When you say crash, do you mean the application crashes, or does the entire computer shutdown?

If you are seeing application crashing, make sure your ram configuration is set up properly - 1010 (0 being empty 1 being full)
Also make sure that your memory is running @ its' rated speeds by enabling XMP in the BIOS.
If it's a brand new system that you built yourself, make sure that Windows and your related drivers are up-to-date, and if it's a prebuilt go ahead and completly reinstall a FRESH INSTALL of Windows.

If you are seeing whole system shutdowns it could be related to memory as well, but more along the lines as uncorrectable errors/damaged sticks.
However it can also point to a faulty/trash PSU that isn't able to either keep up with the load that you're throwing at it.

The Big UwU - Wise Words
1. PSU Wattage =/= PSU Quality
80+ Certification doesn't mean shit.
2. Don't cheap out on the heart of your system.

"B-b-but it was 20$ @ 800w, it was a steal!!" - An idiot with a dead PC.
3. Do not buy for brand, buy for the product.

Every company makes their fair line of garbage.

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)