Borderlands 3 optimization

globbert

So I dont have the most absurd computer but i overbuilt the hell out of it when i put it together to somewhat futureproof it for a few years. Specs off the top of my head are:

-I9-7900x (240mm AIO cooled)
-TitanXp (stock cooler)

-32gb 3200mhz DDR4

-850w power supply

The issue i am having seems to be the opposite of what im finding others to have. What i found by googling was people having High GPU usage and moderate CPU usage but not enough ram or V-ram. My current issue is what the game is running really slow and only at low resolution but not even touching the GPU. Like i can only currently run at Low-Med settings and actually have it be playable. For the benchmark feature on low settings it averaged a hair over 100fps and just a hair shy of 10.0ms frame time while then with the high settings it dropped all the way to about 40fps and around 24ms frame time. The whole while my CPU was around 25% utilization but 2-3% GPU utilization. I dont have problems with GPU usage in any other game and so i closed every background task and my web browser. This brought my gpu usage at idle to 0.5% so i open the benchmark tool in game again with the same results +/-1fps and my GPU usage sat stable at 0.5%. I cant find any settings anywhere that should be causing this and gameplay is difficult at best to downright impossible. Please hit me with whatever ideas you have to get my stuff running right. I have no delusions of running the game maxxed out but i figure i should at least be able to get it to hold a reasonable 120fps at Mid to the low end of high settings if i can get the workload distributed right.