Pc randomly shutting down (again)

TJC04

Hi there,

So I've made a post like this the semptember 8th. Back then I posted the picture below with the message that my pc was randomly shutting down and it was becoming quite annoying.
After that with some help of some of the kind people on this forum I replaced my cpu because my previous one was probably fried (ran it at 90℃ for about an hour+.....)
So I invested in a new cpu (i7-9700K) this wasn't only because of the forum post but because it was the bottleneck in my pc. After I installed the new cpu I started gaming as usual and it ran very nice for about 2 weeks or so.

But now after two weeks of it running perfectly and the temperature not getting above 60℃ (so it can't be thermal throttling), it happened again. The exact same thing happened to me.

Does anyone have a clue what in gods name I'm doing wrong or what is wrong with my pc?

Specs of my pc:

Cpu: Intel Core i7-9700K

Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4

Graphics card: Amd Radeon RX 5700XT

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 2x 8GB

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-D15

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 750 Gold

Snapchat-463769376.jpg

Do you have any overclocks going? What memory do you have? Have you checked the event logs in windows for any additional information?

Don't have any overclocks going, if you mean RAM with memory it says it in the post itself and don't know how to check the event logs.

Do you have 1,2,3,4 sticks of memory? You can check your event logs by opening up the start menu and typing "event viewer". Normally you'll find things that say Error or Critical if something is going wrong around a specific time frame. You should know the time of whenever your PC crashes, so look around then.

If you do have multiple sticks of memory however, what happens if you take all out but 1?

48 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Do you have 1,2,3,4 sticks of memory? You can check your event logs by opening up the start menu and typing "event viewer". Normally you'll find things that say Error or Critical if something is going wrong around a specific time frame. You should know the time of whenever your PC crashes, so look around then.

If you do have multiple sticks of memory however, what happens if you take all out but 1?

I have 2 sticks of memory. So I checked the event viewer and I think it is this event: Critical - Kernel-Power - 42 - (63). And why would I take out one of my ram sticks?

24 minutes ago, TJC04 said:

And why would I take out one of my ram sticks?

This is normally done to troubleshoot whether or not you have a bad memory stick. Let's call your 2 sticks A and B.

If you take out B and the system runs fine with A, you can move the known good stick to the slot that B was in. If it stops working now, you know you have a bad memory socket on the motherboard.

If you take B out and it still crashes, put B back in and take A out and see if it works, etc... If that makes sense to you.

You changed out your CPU, but it's possible you have faulty ram, gpu or psu. The easiest thing to test right now is your ram by doing the above tests.

The next test I'd try if the RAM test is inconclusive, is to take out your GPU and run off the integrated graphics from the intel chip and see if that fixes it. If it does work after taking out your GPU, you can reseat the GPU and maybe it wasn't properly set in the socket. Otherwise you know you have a faulty GPU.

The only thing where this gets tricky, is we do not know for certain if your PSU is actually bad and something is going on where that's damaging your ram/gpu or any other components somehow. Unless you have a spare PSU on hand, I'd try those other tests first.