Modern File Renaming tool for Windows? (similar to OSX?)

sdw123

Hi, can someone helps me to find an easy renaming tool for Windows. I only want to replace the extension of all files inside a folder (ex. from .txt to .doc) and rename it like sample1, sample2, sample3, etc. I found some tools, but the UI looks from Win XP and it's not a one click solution.,

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

the extension you can do in CMD in one line:

REN *.txt *.doc 

Hi, thanks. Found a program called Advance Renamer. Takes 3 steps, but I guess that'll be the easiest method in Windows.

3 hours ago, sdw123 said:

Hi, can someone helps me to find an easy renaming tool for Windows. I only want to replace the extension of all files inside a folder (ex. from .txt to .doc) and rename it like sample1, sample2, sample3, etc. I found some tools, but the UI looks from Win XP and it's not a one click solution.,

Microsoft Powertoys comes with Power rename, and can do exactly that i think.

Worth a try atleast?

Check it out here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/powerrename

I use Total Commander's multi rename tool in the menu

Example (selected a bunch of text files and hit Ctrl+M  or Files > Multi Rename Tool...

[C] adds a counter, you can specify digits, start position, increment (useful for example if you scan odd pages, then scan even pages and want to number the files in separate folders right)

You can use sections of name ex [N1-5] to get first five characters or extension and lots of other things to build the name. You can choose to have all uppercase, or all start of words uppercase, or leave it unchanged, search and replace is useful to just replace _ or dots with spaces ... etc etc..  

image.png.bd7114c17c304275f6b31dd236d3a3e1.png