DistributedCOM 10016 Problems

Cookiey

Hi, so lately i have been having a real problem where my screen goes black..

I back rolled the GPU drivers, and found out that was not the problem.

After a littlebit more digging i found this error " DistributedCOM 10016 "

After some googling and reformating the PC i am not wiser...

Tried all the guides to fix it, but the problems is that i cannot edit some of them and delete the once they say i have to.

Anyone know how the fck i can get rid of this problem?

4 hours ago, Cookiey said:

Hi, so lately i have been having a real problem where my screen goes black..

I back rolled the GPU drivers, and found out that was not the problem.

After a littlebit more digging i found this error " DistributedCOM 10016 "

After some googling and reformating the PC i am not wiser...

Tried all the guides to fix it, but the problems is that i cannot edit some of them and delete the once they say i have to.

Anyone know how the fck i can get rid of this problem?

When you say “goes black” do you mean after using it and at least the boot working or never shows anything at all?

video problems are so commonly gpu related that machine specs sound required.  It’s really pretty rare that they aren’t.  There are also pinned posts at the top of the troubleshooting sections that will given information including what information to add to a troubleshooting post for most useful response.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

When you say “goes black” do you mean after using it and at least the boot working or never shows anything at all?

video problems are so commonly gpu related that machine specs sound required.  It’s really pretty rare that they aren’t.  There are also pinned posts at the top of the troubleshooting sections that will given information including what information to add to a troubleshooting post for most useful response.

GPU is RTX 3080 and PSU is 750W and ASUS Z270F MB, i7 7700k

Yea it goes black after playing for example Apex, start the game and the screen goes black as it dosent get signal.

I can perfectly hear everything but the image is gone.

When i looked it up in the Event viewet and paired that error message up with the one i found there in Event Reg, i found out that error comes from Prime Runtime mananger or something like that.

Went in and gave it full permission, but seems like it didnt do much...

!Solved!

Looks like i just had to do a format of the comp, everything is working now atleast...

On 9/21/2021 at 1:15 PM, Cookiey said:

GPU is RTX 3080 and PSU is 750W and ASUS Z270F MB, i7 7700k

Yea it goes black after playing for example Apex, start the game and the screen goes black as it dosent get signal.

I can perfectly hear everything but the image is gone.

When i looked it up in the Event viewet and paired that error message up with the one i found there in Event Reg, i found out that error comes from Prime Runtime mananger or something like that.

Went in and gave it full permission, but seems like it didnt do much...

So black screen no signal No crash.  I would normally say to check the cable or monitor as this seems to possibly be an analog electrical connection issue.  Seems it wasn’t if formatting your system drive (I assume that is what is meant by ‘format of the comp’) worked though.  Possible it was a “wiggle it and it may work” kinda of cable or connector issue though in which case the actual format may not have done much, and it was the incidental movement that did it.  Anyway it’s working now so there’s that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.