Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a Inspiron 15 3505 (Its weird Ik Ik) the most Lovely Part of this laptop is it cost's around 50k INR ~ around 700$ 
but ships with 8Gig ram AMD ryzen 7 3700 U (pretty well cooled system) 250 Gig Nvme SSD  and a Average GPU

then I realized the Usable memory f0r ram is 6 Gigs I am unable to increase r decrease it :(
This is making a ram bottle neck for me How to Update Bios in the specified modal 

Pic linked below 
I hope some weird guy like me may have brought it :)

image.png.f40221c76cbdc7fff29eef41b2db88ae.png

This is by default reservated for the integrated gpu of the 3700u you can change it in the bios to take up less BUT you will NEVER get the full 8gb.

Leave the allocation alone and add another 8GB of ram. Make sure you get an antistatic wrist band if your going to open it up there is a tiny chance you could cause damage from static electricity.

This might be similar to you system.

22 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This is by default reservated for the integrated gpu of the 3700u you can change it in the bios to take up less BUT you will NEVER get the full 8gb.

I am Even unable to alter it to 1 GB rather 😞

23 minutes ago, Rameares said:

Leave the allocation alone and add another 8GB of ram. Make sure you get an antistatic wrist band if your going to open it up there is a tiny chance you could cause damage from static electricity.

This might be similar to you system.

I didn't Find that Option 😞

Browse all setting in the bios and see if any of them have a description mentioning shared memory, Vram, video ram or graphic memory.

1 minute ago, Rameares said:

Browse all setting in the bios and see if any of them have a description mentioning shared memory, Vram, video ram or graphic memory.

No I had spun around fr a hour now and its Nof Found 

Unless the bios has had a major upgrade there is no search feature?

These setting are found before the computer boots. when the computer first turns on you will normally see a black screen with instruction on what key to press to enter the bios this might be fast so can talk a few times turning the computer on and off to read it. once you know what this key is restart the compute again and keep pressing this key. This will then enter the bios and not windows!

So that laptop probably simply doesn't give you the choice. Cheap laptops often have almost no configurable options in the BIOS.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

11 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

So that laptop probably simply doesn't give you the choice. Cheap laptops often have almost no configurable options in the BIOS.

This is also a particular issue for Dell, which doesn't know how to make a competent BIOS.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

46 minutes ago, ADIIS007 said:

I am Even unable to alter it to 1 GB rather 😞

Then as I expected dell does not allow you to alter it. Only solution is to add more ram.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:19 PM, broccoli27 said:

arent you able to upgrade your ram to 16gb?

I am currently in a situation to do so But I don't require it as a student 

On 9/21/2021 at 4:27 PM, Chris Pratt said:

This is also a particular issue for Dell, which doesn't know how to make a competent BIOS.

Yep If dell won't allow @LinusTech must talk about