Sony X950H vs LG C1 - Good 48" QLED alternative?

Just4lol

So, I don't know if the X950H is technically similar to QLED also, I know it's 49 inches instead of 48. I wanted to get an LG C1 but I am afraid of burn-in, I'm usually 7-10h in front of my pc. So I started looking for a "QLED" alternative around 48" that is 4k HDR. 

Option 1, I take a chance with the C1,
Option 2, I get something like the Sony or 
Option 3, I wait for the next generation of QLED? 

I game, watch videos/movies but the issue is I use programs with static ui like vs code and fl studio. 

Let me know what you think. 

Well, it looks like the Samsung QN90A 43 inch coming this October will be the one. I think it will be the new big-screen pc monitor king. Almost the same as OLED without the compromise and paranoia that come with an OLED. 

37 minutes ago, Just4lol said:

Well, it looks like the Samsung QN90A 43 inch coming this October will be the one. I think it will be the new big-screen pc monitor king. Almost the same as OLED without the compromise and paranoia that come with an OLED. 

Well shit, look like it will only be 60hz....

2 hours ago, Just4lol said:

Nonsense. QLED is nothing but marketing bullshit, it's just the same LCD LED with some "magical" diarhea smeared on it to make it QLED or something. Don't fall into Scamsung's trap. Q/LED will never be as good as OLED. OLED is pixel-lit. Can't be compared to miniled or fald. Only MicroLED will be a true adversary to OLED but MicroLED is nothing but a dream for now.

I game, watch videos/movies but the issue is I use programs with static ui like vs code and fl studio. 

Isn't VS Code in black or dark theme? And what is fl studio? It depends on how long you'll code and do some studio work. If long, maybe OLED is not for you for.

without the compromise and paranoia that come with an OLED

As a happy owner of a 55" OLED that's only used for watching tv and netflix the past 3 years, I'll be waiting for LG 42" OLED and it will be only used for gaming and netflix and maybe some youtube too so I'm not paranoid about burn-ins. Did I say I watch a lot of tv with static logos like Discovery Crap channels? No sign of burn-in. And seriously, fuck LED LCD!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I wouldn't bother using a television as a pc monitor unless it was the lg oled.

I actually think samsungs high end "QLED" performs worse than their lower end ones sometimes..

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

• 5 weeks later...

I am having exactly the same issue. I prefer LCD over OLED for gaming because of its brightness. I love how this makes games looks. 

OLED is superior in terms of technology and those inky blacks are appealing but just not enough to get me to consider an OLED.

The problem is there is not really a small solution. The minimum size is basicly 50" and it surprises me brands offering that technology don't seem to consider the same philosophy as LG. Seems they are getting it that there is a huge market out there in need of quality 4k displays bigger than 34" and not as insane as that 49" 1000r curved screen