Problems connecting with Wifi - what's really going on????

BKey1970

Here's my situation. I'm trying to figure out what's happening. 

Known Hardware: 
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3i. 

Internally, it's using a M.2 intel AX201. Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Harrison Peak 2) Product Brief 

Externally, (More on this after product info)  TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi Adapter

At work we use Aruba Instant On AP22 802.11ax 2x2 Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Access Point for the wireless. 

At work, I'm unable to use the internal wifi adapter, because it's stupid slow and won't connect, so I have to disable it and use an external one. 
At the hotel I'm at, I can only connect with the internal adapter, the external does not work. 

What's going on with the wifi connections to make things so incompatible? And is there anything I can do with the work installation to fix the compatibility so my clients don't have issues when they use their equipment on the guest network? 

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, BKey1970 said:

Here's my situation. I'm trying to figure out what's happening. 

Known Hardware: 
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3i. 

Internally, it's using a M.2 intel AX201. Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Harrison Peak 2) Product Brief 

Externally, (More on this after product info)  TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi Adapter

At work we use Aruba Instant On AP22 802.11ax 2x2 Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Access Point for the wireless. 

At work, I'm unable to use the internal wifi adapter, because it's stupid slow and won't connect, so I have to disable it and use an external one. 
At the hotel I'm at, I can only connect with the internal adapter, the external does not work. 

What's going on with the wifi connections to make things so incompatible? And is there anything I can do with the work installation to fix the compatibility so my clients don't have issues when they use their equipment on the guest network? 

Thanks!

Old hotels often have old equipment.  I’m not sure the two are related problems.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Newer hotel, recently upgraded equipment (According to the techs that I talked to when having issues connecting with the external card), but no matter, if old wifi equipment will work with newish internal card and not external USB wifi, and new equipment won't work with internal card but will work with new USB wifi, the problem is related. There's a compatiblity issue somewhere, and I'd like to know what it is, and how to get around it.