First time builder (PC Build Help)

SippyCup45

Budget (including currency): 1,500 can upgrade budget to 1,700 if neccessary.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly blender, I will be doing some heavy rendering and the main reason I'm looking to build a pc is so I can run blender smoothly, I create "fortnite" designs, I will also be doing a lot of adobe photoshop and some light editing on premiere pro, I will also be playing fortnite 1-4 times every week so If the list can perform everything above that would be great.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 144hz, I do plan on upgrading in the future to 240hz, im upgrading my pc from a 750 ti, I plan on buying some of my parts october, but the main ones during black friday if I find any deals. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/443R2V

The 10850k is a great deal for the amount of cores you get with pretty decent single thread performance. For blender and Adobe workloads, you want more cores. 

The cooler is fine, it's the go-to $30 cooler. You can go better if you want to overclock, but it should be fine for stock operation. 

The motherboard was picked because it was the cheapest Z490 motherboard. You can go for something better if you want.

You'll probably want 32GB of RAM, possibly even more. 3600MHz CL16 is pretty fast and should be good. 

The SSD is fine, you might want to add another hard drive if you need more storage.

The case is very good for the price and comes with enough fans for good enough airflow

The PSU is very good and should be able to handle even a 3090. If you don't get/want to get such a powerful GPU, you can drop it down to a 750w or even a 650w.

As for the GPU, I didn't include it in the parts list because of how messed up the market is. If you want to buy now, you can get a GTX 1080 on eBay for about $400-500. If you want to spend a bit more and need the extra VRAM, you can get a 1080Ti for about $700, putting you up towards the upper end of your price range. If you can score a GPU new, Something like a 3060Ti or a 3070 would be great, but good luck getting one. I'd stick with something from Nvidia, since AMD cards can have issues with production workloads. 

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The 10850k is a great deal for the amount of cores you get with pretty decent single thread performance. For blender and Adobe workloads, you want more cores. 

The cooler is fine, it's the go-to $30 cooler. You can go better if you want to overclock, but it should be fine for stock operation. 

The motherboard was picked because it was the cheapest Z490 motherboard. You can go for something better if you want.

You'll probably want 32GB of RAM, possibly even more. 3600MHz CL16 is pretty fast and should be good. 

The SSD is fine, you might want to add another hard drive if you need more storage.

The case is very good for the price and comes with enough fans for good enough airflow

The PSU is very good and should be able to handle even a 3090. If you don't get/want to get such a powerful GPU, you can drop it down to a 750w or even a 650w.

As for the GPU, I didn't include it in the parts list because of how messed up the market is. If you want to buy now, you can get a GTX 1080 on eBay for about $400-500. If you want to spend a bit more and need the extra VRAM, you can get a 1080Ti for about $700, putting you up towards the upper end of your price range. If you can score a GPU new, Something like a 3060Ti or a 3070 would be great, but good luck getting one. I'd stick with something from Nvidia, since AMD cards can have issues with production workloads. 

Thanks, RONOTHAN extremely helpful, where I live we have a shop called centeral computers where they sell gpus for close to msrp a 2060 is $600 and a 1660 super + 500 w psu is $400, a 3060 is also $600 and a 3080 is a bit high but uncosiderably better then current prices 1.2k, i may go w a 2060 and with the remaining money spend some more money on the ram (rgb+32gb) and mobo to fit my black theme, other than that extremely helpfull

Just now, SippyCup45 said:

Thanks, RONOTHAN extremely helpful, where I live we have a shop called centeral computers where they sell gpus for close to msrp a 2060 is $600 and a 1660 super + 500 w psu is $400, a 3060 is also $600 and a 3080 is a bit high but uncosiderably better then current prices 1.2k, i may go w a 2060 and with the remaining money spend some more money on the ram (rgb+32gb) and mobo to fit my black theme, other than that extremely helpfull

If you can get a 3060 for $600, I'd get it. It should be a great compute card. It would be much better than the 2060, and if you're paying the same amount for it, why wouldn't you get the faster card?

12 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you can get a 3060 for $600, I'd get it. It should be a great compute card. It would be much better than the 2060, and if you're paying the same amount for it, why wouldn't you get the faster card?

Its like always out of stock

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($389.00 @ Amazon) performs about the same as the 10850K but better upgrade path.
CPU Cooler: Gelid Solutions Phantom CPU Cooler  ($36.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4000 CL18 Memory  ($140.00 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($61.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.68 @ Amazon) 
Total: $982.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-20 22:00 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Good list

Only major issues are the cooler is abit weak, atleast get a dual tower or a thicc single tower like the fuma 2, phantom, mugen 5, etc.

And the cpu is a k cpu, no one ever overclocks anymore and honestly just get amd, itll be abit easier for op if they arent comfortable with changing vcore or something cause you know these intel boards absolutely overvolt the sht out of the cpus, 4.8ghz can be done with ~1.25v vcore easily but not everyone wants to go tweaking the sht out of their system

5800x has less cores but much better ipc and efficiency and also i think its abit more user friendly since you dont need to do much tweaking to get it running optimally, plus you can just stick that cpu in a b550a pro or ds3h, slap a cheap tower like the se 224 xt or freezer 34, which might make ryzen cheaper than intel, plus all you gotta do is just turn on amd xmp equivalent, you could turn on pbo but like most auto oc algorithms it has a long way to go