Can't enjoy my new pc gpu and can't stop being paranoid..

I'm not an expert, but I would recommend unplugging your PC and buying some gas and some matches. If the PC is gone, it seems your stress would go with it. So burn it and buy a ball and a cup...

In-game glitches and skipping frames is part of gaming in general. Outside of Doom, I can't say I've seen any game run even near perfect forever. Just have fun and play some games. You'll be fine.

Salisbury steak isn't steak.

i always take care of my pc, and don't want it to fail, but i don't let fear of it failing take a second of thought. my view may be different than most, if it is going to fail doing what its built to do, then good riddance. that's what warranties are for, or worst case, replacement. not saying i like throwing away money and time on pc parts, but if you are worried about it failing, and can't enjoy it due to paranoia, sell it, or throw it away.

You need to give it time our minds learn from the experiences we expose them to you have three options.

1. Don't play for long enough that you forget all about your fears.

2. continue to play and over time you'll see nothing happens and you paranoia will pass.

3. follow my IT departments advice "do you still have the packaging? put the computer back in it!"

21 minutes ago, Rameares said:

You need to give it time our minds learn from the experiences we expose them to you have three options.

1. Don't play for long enough that you forget all about your fears.

2. continue to play and over time you'll see nothing happens and you paranoia will pass.

3. follow my IT departments advice "do you still have the packaging? put the computer back in it!"

The thing is , i play games my paranoia starts and i think i see artifacting (which there isnt) so i freak out and test it using any of these programs for around 5 to 10 minutes and nothing pops up and then the loop starts for the rest of the day..

I mean i did play games like hollow knight which i really loved and got my head off of things really well not gonna lie. But as soon as i finished it and re-opened fortnite..yep

2 hours ago, FoxyZey said:

Brand new Zotac amp 1660 super Card's highest temp was 69C and i ran valley/superstition/heavens and no artifacts 
I ran furmark and no artifacts
I ran kombustor and No artifacts
Each for at least twice a day each time 5 minutes. I heard of the bad cards out of box (artifacting , crashing , burning) and thats what triggered it.
And STILL every little DETAIL bothers me.
I can't enjoy my pc with my paranoid self..
I never oc'd and never planned to..
For example i see small storm flashes (which is normal in fortnite) and i be like "please don't be an artifact.." i see a game bug of flickering shadows and skip a heart beat etc etc..

every little detail (for another example a league of legends message flickered twice which is due to an ingame bug "the enemy has been slain" message) i started sweating and was like please don't be an artifact"..

Anyone knows what do i do? I really am not enjoying anything at the moment..

Not to be mean but you need a mental health therapist to fix that because you probably have some underlying untreated issue.

That type of reaction is extremely unhealthy (as well as unpleasant for you).

And this forum, we are frowned on talking or ask about things where someone needs professional help rather than random internet advice.

1 minute ago, Falkentyne said:

Not to be mean but you need a mental health therapist to fix that because you probably have some underlying untreated issue.

That type of reaction is extremely unhealthy (as well as unpleasant for you).

And this forum, we are frowned on talking or ask about things where someone needs professional help rather than random internet advice.

To be honest i was just asking if there was any way for me to ACTUALLY test for artifacting and clear my mind about it? These tests showed nothing are they enough? That's all what i wanted to know in the form of "help" and no you weren't mean..at least you didn't dm me calling me mentally retarded (someone did that yes)

2 hours ago, FoxyZey said:

You say it like its so dirty.

If you find an artifact, I think you should name it. You can name it after me, make it biblical 🙂

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

Xanax

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Wait until you get a house

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

4 hours ago, FoxyZey said:

To be honest i was just asking if there was any way for me to ACTUALLY test for artifacting and clear my mind about it? These tests showed nothing are they enough? That's all what i wanted to know in the form of "help" and no you weren't mean..at least you didn't dm me calling me mentally retarded (someone did that yes)

The reason I said those recommendations is because I'm a lot more similar to you than I would care to admit.  I know exactly what it's like and I know *PRECISELY* where it leads to.  You do NOT want to end up doing some of the things I've done.  You don't even want to KNOW some of the things I've done.  If I could have answered your questions, I would have.  But you cant answer questions when your own brain is playing tricks on you because your emotions/ego/need for security (and predictability / consistency / stability) are unable to accept things (very often because of past trauma, often because of even worse things that require a professional's help.  Trust me please).  This is why giving therapeutic recommendations and even asking questions of this type are very taboo here (mods usually get involved when they see these and tell people to find a doctor/professional).

As far as your other question, this is next to impossible on modern hardware.  Cards often just end up just crashing and black screening or rebooting your computer these days, and even worse, some programs may show "instability" while other programs won't.  If a card is defective, EVERYTHING will crash or show instability.  No there's no precise test for this (unlike Prime95 30.3 Large FFT (AVX disabled) for Rocket Lake DDR4/CPU stability or Small FFT for CML CPU stability, Testmem5 anta777 (for Comet lake DDR4 stability), and so on).

Maybe try OCCT (registered version)?  I don't know sorry.

I would suggest a self identifying test program such as OCCT: https://www.ocbase.com/

Run the GPU stress and if it finds any errors, it will notify you while running. Decent way to test if the GPU is stable. From there you can feel confident that any errors you see are from the application that is running and not the GPU failing. 

One more note. It is natural to be concerned about an investment and to be interested in exploring ways to protect it. That being said. If you find that worry and concern has or does become more frequent in other aspects of your life, you might consider discussing this with someone you trust and or a doctor. We live in interesting times and anxiety can get to us all. It's important that we recognize it and help each other. 

Best of luck to ya, and enjoy your new GPU! 👍

8 hours ago, FoxyZey said:

Brand new Zotac amp 1660 super Card's highest temp was 69C and i ran valley/superstition/heavens and no artifacts 
I ran furmark and no artifacts
I ran kombustor and No artifacts
Each for at least twice a day each time 5 minutes. I heard of the bad cards out of box (artifacting , crashing , burning) and thats what triggered it.
And STILL every little DETAIL bothers me.
I can't enjoy my pc with my paranoid self..
For example i see small storm flashes (which is normal in fortnite) and i be like "please don't be an artifact.." i see a game bug of flickering shadows and skip a heart beat etc etc..

every little detail (for another example a league of legends message flickered twice which is due to an ingame bug "the enemy has been slain" message) i started sweating and was like please don't be an artifact"..

Anyone knows what do i do? I really am not enjoying anything at the moment..

If it's a new Graphics card, you shouldn't be so paranoid of artifacts. If artifacts start popping up and stuff or it keeps on crashing because of the GPU, just simply call up the store that you bought it from and get it repaired/replaced while it's still under warranty...

PC: CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 I GPU: R9 280X I Ram: 4x2GB No Name 800mhz DDR2 I Storage: SSD1: Patriot Burst 480 GB SSD2: SanDisk Standard Plus 1TB I PSU: Raidmax RX-500XT I Case: Some old Antec case from the late 2000's