When installing AIO in the front, do I install it over the front fans of the PC

Snoowy
Go to solution Solved by Snoowy,

I have two intake fans at the front of the PC and then two and the back of the PC for exhaust so do I install the AIO over the intake fans?

I have two intake fans at the front of the PC and then two and the back of the PC for exhaust so do I install the AIO over the intake fans?

8 minutes ago, Snoowy said:

Whether you use the fans with the AiO to PULL or PUSH the air through the radiator can depend on what fans they are... do you know what make/model the fans in question are?

If they are static pressure optimised, then PUSH... high airflow optimised - PULL.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

9 minutes ago, Snoowy said:

AIO tends to include it's own fans.

In general (unless you plan to do both push and pull on the AIO) you may want to move those PC case front fans somewhere else and place the AIO there, with it's own fans.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

4 minutes ago, krakek said:

AIO tends to include it's own fans.

In general (unless you plan to do both push and pull on the AIO) you may want to move those PC case front fans somewhere else and place the AIO there, with it's own fans.

When the AIO is installed with its own fans does that count to the air configuration?

8 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Whether you use the fans with the AiO to PULL or PUSH the air through the radiator can depend on what fans they are... do you know what make/model the fans in question are?

If they are static pressure optimised, then PUSH... high airflow optimised - PULL.

So I’m planning on using the NZXT 510 elite case with the fans that are included and the NZXT Kraken x63 rgb 280mm for the aio

2 minutes ago, Snoowy said:

When the AIO is installed with its own fans does that count to the air configuration?

Yes; the fans included with an AIO are part of the airflow configuration... but what counts there is the orientation of the fans.

From the inside of the case, if you can see the frame that holds the motor, they are intakes; if you can't - exhaust.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

6 minutes ago, Snoowy said:

Assuming it is installed in a meaningful way that generates air flow through the radiator, sure.

For example if you have 2 fan AIO pulling in the air through the front it would contribute to the positive pressure configuration.

In general what you can try to do, assuming generic case config, is to move one of your case front fans to the bottom and one to the top of the case, so you feed your GPU with cool air from the bottom and suck out both the GPU and AIO hot air from the top.

Edited by krakek

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

So this is a pretty much exactly one to one of what I’m thinking of doing.

is it good? Is there anything wrong with doing this way?

2D6E1290-95A7-4C7E-8015-8F595D518BB3.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Snoowy said:

So this is a pretty much exactly one to one of what I’m thinking of doing.

is it good? Is there anything wrong with doing this way?

2D6E1290-95A7-4C7E-8015-8F595D518BB3.jpeg

If the fans are correctly orientated, two-in, two-out is fine.

EDIT:

The fans supplied with your AIO are Aer P 140mm Fans; these are static pressure optimised & should be attached between the case & the radiator (as in the image) such that the frame of the fan is next to the radiator.

WHY NOT...?!