Can feel the electricity flowing on PC case screws

bumboi54

Hey!

So for example, if I touch the metal screws I can feel this "vibrating" feeling. I know for a fact that it's electricity flowing. It happens randomly, usually more frequently if I am gaming but when I just watch videos it does happen quite rarely. PC itself is working fine and it has not slowed down or anything. I bought a new PSU and the problem is still there. Also, I took out all the parts from the PC and built it again but it also did not help. The outlets on the wall are grounded and my girlfriend does not seem to have the same problem on her PC so I have ruled out the wall sockets. Also, I thought about static electricity but if I am correct it should not give this "vibrating" or "tingling" feeling when I touch the metal parts of my case. I can also feel the electricity from the front panel usb slots and also from the mother board I/O shield. Pretty much anything that has metal.

I am currently at loss on what could cause this because it does not seem to be the PSU so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Why have you deliberately coloured your text black. Why. Why.

And do you mean vibrating or do you mean tiny electric shocks?

Because if you really do mean vibrating and not electric shocks...

It's not electric shocks. It's vibration.

Sounds like some kind of earthing issue...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Have you tried a different cable if it is two prong that Will happen if it is 3 pin and has 3 pins

i don’t know

17 minutes ago, whispous said:

Why have you deliberately coloured your text black. Why. Why.

And do you mean vibrating or do you mean tiny electric shocks?

Because if you really do mean vibrating and not electric shocks...

It's not electric shocks. It's vibration.

Like I get electric shock and vibration at the same time.

11 minutes ago, fanman1980 said:

Have you tried a different cable if it is two prong that Will happen if it is 3 pin and has 3 pins

i don’t know

Gelia jatkojohto 3-osainen 5m maadoitettu valkoinen - Prisma verkkokauppaI use these

5 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Not sure what screws you mean, but have you installed all case standoffs?

... or got one that may be contacting a trace/circuit path that it shouldn't.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

11 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Not sure what screws you mean, but have you installed all case standoffs?

I meant the screws that hold the side panels and yes I have installed all standoffs

5 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

... or got one that may be contacting a trace/circuit path that it shouldn't.

What do you mean by this? Sorry i am not that experienced with this stuff 😄

6 minutes ago, bumboi54 said:

What do you mean by this? Sorry i am not that experienced with this stuff 😄

To check for this will require the mounting holes on the motherboard to be looked at to see if there adequate grounding where the screws go through... if there's any issues with a trace not being correctly grounded, it could be 'leaking' through the case to ground the 'leak'.

The tingly sensation isn't immediately dangerous, but the long term stability/longevity of the whole machine could be compromised.

WHY NOT...?!

4 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

To check for this will require the mounting holes on the motherboard to be looked at to see if there adequate grounding where the screws go through... if there's any issues with a trace not being correctly grounded, it could be 'leaking' through the case to ground the 'leak'.

The tingly sensation isn't immediately dangerous, but the long term stability/longevity of the whole machine could be compromised.

How would I notice this from the mounting holes?

3 minutes ago, bumboi54 said:

How would I notice this from the mounting holes?

Usually there will be what looks like a metal 'sleeve' around the mounting hole - if it looks scratched or incomplete, in any way, that could lead to a short circuit that gives that 'tingly feeling'.

WHY NOT...?!

20 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Usually there will be what looks like a metal 'sleeve' around the mounting hole - if it looks scratched or incomplete, in any way, that could lead to a short circuit that gives that 'tingly feeling'.

There seems to be some sorts of little "metal" dots around the mounting holes and some of them seem to be scratched

2 hours ago, bumboi54 said:

Like I get electric shock and vibration at the same time.

If you get electric "shock", then this electricity would be measurable. 

So break out a multimeter and find out.

Also, some textured metals have this feeling on the finger tips. Almost like flowing electricity when you slide your fingers. But nothing if you hold very still.

Good Luck! Hope you figure it out!!

8 hours ago, bumboi54 said:

Gelia jatkojohto 3-osainen 5m maadoitettu valkoinen - Prisma verkkokauppaI use these

Is the outlet where this little box goes into also grounded? You can tell by the 2 metal pins on top and bottom

I've never really heard about an issue like this in Europe, I also have an ungrounded power outlet which gives no issues.

1 hour ago, Pixelfie said:

Is the outlet where this little box goes into also grounded? You can tell by the 2 metal pins on top and bottom

I've never really heard about an issue like this in Europe, I also have an ungrounded power outlet which gives no issues.

The outlet is also grounded