How many cores to stream ONLY

Burvick
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
56 minutes ago, Burvick said:

Sorry lol my gaming computer is wired to the router and im noticing while im streaming i will get some packet loss here and there, every 2 minuets or so. where when im not streaming i get no packet loss

Packetloss would mean that your upload speed is not enough, or that you are getting throttled by ISP. If you are worried about CPU/GPU rendering, you need to look at dropped frames and overall sluggishness of the PC.

As for cores, I wouldn't stream with under 4 cores. Not if you want anything better. And to use laptop as monitoring/interactions at the same time. So overall, get Ryzen laptop if you want to stream anything with it. And you are going to need capture card anyway.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

I Have a gaming rig that i use to game/stream, but am wanting to get a laptop for daily purposes aswell to use as a stream ONLY rig instead of taxing my pc doing both. I dont need a crazy laptop by any means so i was just planning on getting a laptop with an i3 1005G1 2 cores 4 threads. I cant find any info on a stream only pc weather that's enough or not i dont know.

Resolution, framerate (video), bitrate (sound), Internet speed?

Just now, Burvick said:

\but am wanting to get a laptop for daily purposes aswell to use as a stream ONLY rig instead of taxing my pc doing both.

What are your PC specs? Your system should be able to handle streaming just fine, and the 1005G1 will probably be slower than what your PC is now.

elephants

Whats the gpu in your main rig?
if its a nvidia one, just use nvec, itll have no extra effect

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

would be streaming at 1080 4000 bit rateish and 600mbps internet the laptop also has 8GB of ram which i figured is lots, My Gaming Pc is a I9 9900 32GB 3200 ram n a 3070

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Whats the gpu in your main rig?
if its a nvidia one, just use nvec, itll have no extra effect

I Noticed it affects my networking while playing, sometimes get some packet loss from time to time. Nothing major but its noticeable

Just now, Burvick said:

would be streaming at 1080 4000 bit rateish and 600mbps internet the laptop also has 8GB of ram which i figured is lots, My Gaming Pc is a I9 9900 32GB 3200 ram n a 3070

Don't buy the laptop for streaming. Your 3070 has something called an NVENC encoder, which is a part of your GPU that's only job is to encode video for streaming or recording. My GTX 690 has a very early version and can handle 1080p75 with ease, your 3070 will be fine.

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

Don't buy the laptop for streaming. Your 3070 has something called an NVENC encoder, which is a part of your GPU that's only job is to encode video for streaming or recording. My GTX 690 has a very early version and can handle 1080p75 with ease, your 3070 will be fine.

My motherboard has a GIG ethernet port, its wired but while i stream i notice its effecting my gaming. 

Just now, Burvick said:

My motherboard has a GIG ethernet port, its wired but while i stream i notice its effecting my gaming. 

What's "it"?

elephants

14 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

What's "it"?

Sorry lol my gaming computer is wired to the router and im noticing while im streaming i will get some packet loss here and there, every 2 minuets or so. where when im not streaming i get no packet loss

56 minutes ago, Burvick said:

Packetloss would mean that your upload speed is not enough, or that you are getting throttled by ISP. If you are worried about CPU/GPU rendering, you need to look at dropped frames and overall sluggishness of the PC.

As for cores, I wouldn't stream with under 4 cores. Not if you want anything better. And to use laptop as monitoring/interactions at the same time. So overall, get Ryzen laptop if you want to stream anything with it. And you are going to need capture card anyway.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv