Strange Blackscreening Problem With upgraded PC. (Also in bios)

Sheerpython

Hello
I recently upgraded my pc with a new motherboard, CPU, ram and cooler. After puttering it together it booted up and had fun for a week or 2. Out of nowhere it began black screening it started and got in the the OS but then everything went black. The pc does run, and if I am in Teamspeak / Discord I can hear people and they can hear me for a bit (But it will stop after a few seconds).

So thinking that it may have been a mounting problem I Took the pc apart, remounted everything and then turned it back on.

That fixed it, but now a month or 2 later it has started to do the same thing again.

It is even happening in the bios!

If I try booting it a lot of times, and I mean between 10 to 50 times there will be a point where it stays on. There are no problems when that happens, all the games run as espected with no performance loss. I really hope somebody here knows what the problem could be or what troubleshooting steps I should take.
The BIOS has been factory reset and the problem still occur, it sometimes doesn't even get to the boot screen.

It seems to only happend when first booting it, like I said at some point the pc will stay on but the problem occurs daily after the pc has been off for a while.

Specs:
- Ryzen 9 5900X
- 32 GB - 3600Mhz Corsair Vengeance PRO
- GTX 1060 6GB
- Corsair RM850x PSU
- Be quite pure wings 2

5 hours ago, Sheerpython said:

Hello
I recently upgraded my pc with a new motherboard, CPU, ram and cooler. After puttering it together it booted up and had fun for a week or 2. Out of nowhere it began black screening it started and got in the the OS but then everything went black. The pc does run, and if I am in Teamspeak / Discord I can hear people and they can hear me for a bit (But it will stop after a few seconds).

So thinking that it may have been a mounting problem I Took the pc apart, remounted everything and then turned it back on.

That fixed it, but now a month or 2 later it has started to do the same thing again.

It is even happening in the bios!

If I try booting it a lot of times, and I mean between 10 to 50 times there will be a point where it stays on. There are no problems when that happens, all the games run as espected with no performance loss. I really hope somebody here knows what the problem could be or what troubleshooting steps I should take.
The BIOS has been factory reset and the problem still occur, it sometimes doesn't even get to the boot screen.

It seems to only happend when first booting it, like I said at some point the pc will stay on but the problem occurs daily after the pc has been off for a while.

Specs:
- Ryzen 9 5900X
- 32 GB - 3600Mhz Corsair Vengeance PRO
- GTX 1060 6GB
- Corsair RM850x PSU
- Be quite pure wings 2

The “sometimes” thing makes stuff very confusing.  Digital stuff is rarely “sometimes”.  Implies an analog problem which are orders of magnitudes harder to figure out.  It implies there may be a solder or other type of connection that only barely connects sometimes somewhere.  This means hardware which often means expense. To try the cheap and quick stuff though pulling out and reinserting every cable or slot connection several times to grind away any corrosion or whatnot.  While doing so examining connector pads or pins could show if there might be a corrosion or morphological problem somewhere.  May do nothing.  It’s just a bare hope that it’s a connection issue in a place that is easy to deal with. Might work.  Probably won’t, but might. If it DOESN’T work the next step would be to start testing component pieces.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.