I need help with my fx506bi (asus tuf a15 fx506li)

samstrutz

so I have this laptop the fx506li with a i5 10300h and I just got new ram 3200mhz but its locked at 2666mhz. I tried to change it in bois but I can't do anything in the bois, and I tried downloading some apps but no help because its a locked motherboard. does anyone know how to unlock it or even just change the ram speed. the ram is crucial ballistics 3200mhz 32gb (2x16) 

parts

crucial ballistics 3200mhz 32gb (2x16)

asus fx506li 

crucial p2 2tb m.2 2280

i5 10300h

The bios is designed probably for Jedec only memory. That means it cannot utilize memory with XMP profiles. Also, the board must be capable of those higher frequencies. Which you would research that part. Good Luck!

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The bios is designed probably for Jedec only memory. That means it cannot utilize memory with XMP profiles. Also, the board must be capable of those higher frequencies. Which you would research that part. Good Luck!

the motherboard is capable of 2933mhz so I know I can put it from 2666 to 2933mhz I just don't know how to do that on a locked motherboard 

23 minutes ago, samstrutz said:

the motherboard is capable of 2933mhz so I know I can put it from 2666 to 2933mhz I just don't know how to do that on a locked motherboard 

You don't. 

Look for bios updates perhaps?

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You don't. 

Look for bios updates perhaps?

everything is up to date