inno3d rtx 3080 ichill x4 really loud with normal load

DoubleomeNL

Recently got a inno3d rtx 3080 ichill x4 which I am starting to regret. When I first got the card and playing games like Cyberpunk 2077 or Horizon Zero Dawn the fans would ramp up to 3k+ after 10-30mins playing. Temps everything seemed fine, temps never exceed 76c. First I upgraded the default fans that came with my be quiet! Pure Base 500DX for some PWM controlled Noctua fans which seemed to have fixed the problem somewhat. Fans now go up to 2.1k most of the time which is ok in terms of noise @74-76c.

But still have situations where the fans just ramp up to 3k+ after playing for a while and just goes to 3k in matter of 1-2 mins and never drops below 3k. Clocks are usually 1900 to 1980 but that also drops to about 1850. Forced to lock the game Raft to 120fps as when I unlock the FPS it goes insane and reaches 3.4k RPM @76c and 1845 clock.

Is this somewhat normal for a RTX3080? I have accepted the fact that cards are really expensive these days but knowing I could have also gotten an MSI or Asus for the same price at that time I feel like I bought the wrong card. I mean I can't even control the voltage of this thing.

You can try setting a custom fan curve in Afterburner if you want. At mid 70s your card is likely running approximate 60-70 percent duty cycle on the fans, at which 2200 or 2300 RPM  sounds about right.

How loud it is at those speeds will depend on the cooler and fan design. Some will be better than others noise-wise.

Your temps and fans speed all seem normal.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

After reading my thread I noticed I wasn't really clear on the exact RPM my card sits at after a while. I edited it to hopefully explain it better.

It sits at 3k+ which is really really loud on this card. Anything above 2.2k starts being noticable over in game sound.

I'll try a less agressive curve in afterburner and see if it doesn't get too toasty.

Make sure to quote people so they see you replied. 

The exact RPM doesn't really matter. The card will target a certain fan speed for a given temp by default. If it's too loud then you'll need to set a custom fan curve, however, the trade off will be the card running slightly warmer. 

14 minutes ago, DoubleomeNL said:

After reading my thread I noticed I wasn't really clear on the exact RPM my card sits at after a while. I edited it to hopefully explain it better.

It sits at 3k+ which is really really loud on this card. Anything above 2.2k starts being noticable over in game sound.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

18 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Make sure to quote people so they see you replied. 

The exact RPM doesn't really matter. The card will target a certain fan speed for a given temp by default. If it's too loud then you'll need to set a custom fan curve, however, the trade off will be the card running slightly warmer. 

Thank you i’ll keep that in mind