Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shooting a 500 Megapixel Photo!

2 minutes ago, Adblocker said:

Please let us download the last photo 

Yeah I was about to say they might be able to upload it here. Sysadmin could just ignore the PHP limit. 

4 minutes ago, Adblocker said:

As I can recall, earlier in video Linus said that it might be on Floatplane release, now it is waiting time to upload on Floatplane as there isn't video yet. I want it as my wallpaper.

7 minutes ago, Adblocker said:

+1

CPU: i7 6700

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133 MHZ

Storage: 2TB Crucial SATA SSD + 2TB WD BLUE

17 minutes ago, Adblocker said:

+1

19 minutes ago, Adblocker said:

+1

Next project should be to build a robotic rig the that takes all the shots automatically

Is there an update on the photo download?  At worst, they could place a link to it in a S3 bucket. 

Please stop call it "Brenizer method" he did not invent method or popularize it. People making panorama stiching with bokeh effect at least 15 years or more. Even i, myself made 200+ megapixel panorama portrait in 2007. (Olympus E300, Tele lenses at 150mm, photoshop stich, toshiba core2duo laptop)

26 minutes ago, Rellik66 said:

Next project should be to build a robotic rig the that takes all the shots automatically

Yes, that would be awesome! 🙂

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

What program did they use? I didn't hear it 😞

The "we might already need the 64 GB" part I can relate to. Upgraded my main rig to 64 GB for that reason myself a while back and have room to double it if needed....

Though, a second reason I went higher in memory were so that I could tell Windows to stop using the OS drive as additional memory, since it really bogs down overall system performance. (Don't know why windows decides it is a good idea to do even if one doesn't even use 6% of the memory... I can understand if one is up above 60% or even 80, but it always migrates "inactive" stuff out from RAM...)

Though, seems like a decent laptop non the less, and at least one of the most important components worth upgrading is upgradable. And extra room for storage is also nice. (Would be nice if it had a CPU socket, but I can understand how this makes cooling a nightmare due to the extra component height such requires, making a reasonably thin laptop would be a lot harder in that case.)

Just now, B3ncx12E said:

What program did they use? I didn't hear it 😞

Adobe Lightroom. They mention it around 6:00.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 10

At least this time he showed us both sides of a ram stick, sadly it was the 64gb kit he was installing... 30 seconds later... I don't think they realized they actually kept a promise (somewhat) for once 😂 (12 minutes in Alex flipping the stick showing it has more than one side of modules).

"Don't do it with 200 photos"

So 2000 then?

1 minute ago, Lenovich said:

Please stop call it "Brenizer method" he did not invent method or popularize it. People making panorama stiching with bokeh effect at least 15 years or more. Even i, myself made 200+ megapixel panorama portrait in 2007. 

And I'm sure there are records of it being done long before digital photo...

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

1 hour ago, Adblocker said:

+1

These are only 250MP tho 😛

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

These are only 250MP tho 😛

Not to mention it's jpeg, the geese in the final image look worst in the jpeg than they did in the video...