Access my workstation from laptop

EgKarim

We are a small start-up and from time to time we need to do simulation and analysis and for that we are building a workstation but we can afford only one workstation for the office of 4 engineers 

So the workstation will be in a room at the office by itself and each engineer has his oc or laptop

So can i access the workstation from my laptop and do the work i need instead of going to the workstation room and do the work their  

I have no problems with latency or anything as i will not game on it i just need to send the files and initiate the simulation and leave it to finish the work and get the results 

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, EgKarim said:

We are a small start-up and from time to time we need to do simulation and analysis and for that we are building a workstation but we can afford only one workstation for the office of 4 engineers 

So the workstation will be in a room at the office by itself and each engineer has his oc or laptop

So can i access the workstation from my laptop and do the work i need instead of going to the workstation room and do the work their  

I have no problems with latency or anything as i will not game on it i just need to send the files and initiate the simulation and leave it to finish the work and get the results 

Thanks in advance

Yes, using Windows remote desktop (assuming winodws pro on everything) (while on the same internal network)

or by using a commercial product like Teamviewer.

5 hours ago, whispous said:

Yes, using Windows remote desktop (assuming winodws pro on everything) (while on the same internal network)

or by using a commercial product like Teamviewer.

You only need pro on the machine that you want to connect to. I believe just about every edition of windows comes with its own rdp client but only pro or higher has the server portion of it.

But I second RDP since it's extremely simple to setup and will allow you to remotely access the machine.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz