3060 Ti with 3 Fans vs 3060 Ti with 2 fans

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read. I was wondering if there was any performance difference between the 3060 Ti's with 2 fans and 3 fans. Building a computer and having trouble finding a 3 fan version, but can get 2 fan versions pretty easy.

Usually 3 fans are quieter as they have to spin slower for the same temp. But 2 fans can still be better if the 3 fans and heatsink are low quality while the 2 fans and heatsink are good quality. A 3 fan Gaming Z or Strix would be best, with my preference going to the first as it has better customer support, but 2 fans are enough. What specific versions are available?

6 minutes ago, StephenBig said:

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read. I was wondering if there was any performance difference between the 3060 Ti's with 2 fans and 3 fans. Building a computer and having trouble finding a 3 fan version, but can get 2 fan versions pretty easy.

The card with 3 fans might clock 50MHz higher out of the box, and run a tat cooler and quieter but I'm sure the 2 fans version will be just fine. Also, if you do a little undervolt tweaking, you can easily match the stock performance of the 3 fan variants with the 2 fan cooler. 

The 3-fan one will most likely have better cooling, and therefore more overcllocking potential. It all comes downn to model as well. eg aaa 3-fan gpu beats bbb 2-fan gpu, but ccc 2-fan gpu beats aaa 3-fan gpu.
obviously, fans will be of differennt quuality and performance

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

26 minutes ago, StephenBig said:

I was wondering if there was any performance difference between the 3060 Ti's with 2 fans and 3 fans

Depends on the specific card in question

Yeah, I have used 3-fan Gigabyte 3060 Ti this year, and 2-fan MSI 3060 Ti. And true that 3 fan performed a few percent better in benchmarks.

Also the 3-fan card had 6+8 pin power connector while 2-fan card only had 8-pin power. 

I edit my posts more often than not

3 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Usually 3 fans are quieter as they have to spin slower for the same temp.

Only if they're the same size, which usually is not the case, for instance 2x120 or 3x80 are commonly seen. Most of the time there is no significant difference, except for models that shouldn't be bought anyways, but those can be in both configs.