MicroPython extension/solution for Visual Studio Code with support for the Raspberry Pi Pico

AndreiArgeanu
Go to solution Solved by AndreiArgeanu,

Found the extension I needed after some digging. It's called Pico-Go and it works well so far, it add button at the bottom of the IDE and you can connect (at least according to them) any RP2040 board. And that non-rp2040 boards are not supported but may work.

image.thumb.png.0abefd8bc06472a11fe129c3e172d1f8.png

I'm looking for an extension for Visual Studio Code for MicroPython that works with the Raspberry Pi Pico since I don't really like the Thonny Python IDE so I was wondering if anyone knew of an extension or solution for my problem.

...have you tried using the built in search?

image.png.edd1a256d32d7222734bed60d75a341d.png

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

...have you tried using the built in search?

image.png.edd1a256d32d7222734bed60d75a341d.png

I wish I could read chinese to find out what that actually does. And form the looks of it, it's probably meant for the BBC micro:bit, maybe? Anyway after some digging on the internet I was able to find the Pico Go extension which actually works properly, or at least it seems to so far. And the "MicroPython IDE" only supports ESP boards so far. Hopefully support will improve with time

image.thumb.png.695e161a62994b4f54c6cf6b23fc4392.png

Edit: Found the english version near the bottom of the list, again it looks like it's made for the BBC micro:bit platform and not the pico.

Found the extension I needed after some digging. It's called Pico-Go and it works well so far, it add button at the bottom of the IDE and you can connect (at least according to them) any RP2040 board. And that non-rp2040 boards are not supported but may work.

image.thumb.png.0abefd8bc06472a11fe129c3e172d1f8.png