DAC/AMP for EPOS | Sennheiser GSP 601

envyalpa

Hi Everyone,

I just recently purchased a EPOS GSP 601 from Amazon India and plugging it into my motherboard onboard audio (Front Panel on a ASUS ROG Maximus VII) the audio doesnt sound that great.

While on the other hand connecting it to my PS4 Controller there is a night and day difference. I am looking for a good amp/dac combo that i can use for both my PC and PS4 or the XBOX Series X in the future.

I am looking for a good dac/amp that satisfies the following,

1. Multiple Inputs
  2. Speaker Out
  3. Mic Input, or Mic can be connected to computer with the pink connector and the green connecter to the DAC/AMP without interference

Some of my choices were,

1. Schiit HEL
  2. Soundblaster G6
  3. Fiio K5 Pro
  4. Aune Audio - X1S Pro

Could you let me know if there would be a better alternative to this?

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Shimejii said:

g6 for gaming Pretty  decent. Fiio k5 Pro is what i use, its pretty good but it can have its odd quirks. Just make sure the USB port you use is good.

If the headset has a spilt pin, pink and green, the pink connected to the motherboard and the green connected to Fiio would this cause interference?

43 minutes ago, envyalpa said:

If the headset has a spilt pin, pink and green, the pink connected to the motherboard and the green connected to Fiio would this cause interference?

im gonna be honest, k5 Pro is not meant for Headsets, Just Headphones. G6 Is better designed for that since it has a Mic port as well i believe.

8 hours ago, Shimejii said:

g6 for gaming Pretty  decent. Fiio k5 Pro is what i use, its pretty good but it can have its odd quirks. Just make sure the USB port you use is good.

G6 measures very good and has many settings to play around with. It's a plus it has a mic in as well.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wired

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)