Just pop in a 3060ti or make a new build for HDMI 2.1

Budget (including currency): 2000eu

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Photoshop, Casual Games maybe and movie watching

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So my current build is 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jxZwRT

And I want to get the LG CX 48' monitor, I've found out to take maximum advantage of this display you need to a hdmi 2.1 compatible graphics card, which is the rtx 30 series.

The rtx 3060ti right now can be found in my country around 900eu ...

Should I just switch my gtx 1080ti with it and be done with it, or would it be beneficial for the system to operate for me to upgrade with a new mobo cpu ram upgrade? Are there any compatibility issues with my system and the newer 3060ti? I was thinking of the Ryzen 5 5600x.

ps. 3060ti, or 3070? 

Thank you guys !

If you want CPU upgrade, there is no need for new system, You can easily get 9900K and be done with it, Your board supports it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jHZFf7/intel-core-i9-9900k-36ghz-8-core-processor-bx80684i99900k

Need RAM upgrade? get 2x8 GB same sticks you already have, You board have 4 slot.

You'll have remaining ~1600eu after this two upgrade, So you can get 3070 or 3070 ti, There is no point going to 3060 ti from 1080 ti.

unless you can sell your 1080ti for 700eu theres no point. i would just upgrade the cpu if you want or insanly overclock.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Yes but the TV won't run without hdmi 2.1 properly. So I have to upgrade the graphics card. Is it going to be compatible with my current CPU + motherboard? Is there going to be any bottlenecks?

Or you can buy DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adapter, would be much cheaper. 1080ti is more powerful than 3060ti anyways.

1 minute ago, Ydfhlx said:

Or you can buy DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adapter, would be much cheaper. 1080ti is more powerful than 3060ti anyways.

wait 1080ti is faster than 3060ti?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

4 minutes ago, podkall said:

wait 1080ti is faster than 3060ti?

Sorry, my bad, it isn't (it was the non-ti). Point still stands tho, an adapter is by far the cheapest way to get this monitor running at full speed.

Oh I didn't think about that... I get anxiety with adapters though are you sure I'm not going to run into any weird issues?

5 hours ago, hxaris said:

Oh I didn't think about that... I get anxiety with adapters though are you sure I'm not going to run into any weird issues?

Worst case it won't work and you would have to return it. Although I fully expect it to work. Sadly an active adapter is needed. Just make sure you get one supporting 4K 120Hz.