Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Faulty Intel 1211 gigabit lan

Hi, for a longer time I have issue with my connetion, its especialy bad when I try to play Apex or any other game. Its so unstable at the start of the game its the worst. Ping jumps sometimes from 70-1000 and overall I should not have 70ping at all. Sometimes even packet loss happens. Im sure its something with my motherboard because the other day I tried using wifi and as source of the wifi I used 5g on my phone and It had the same issue. I know that 5g is well capaible to play games with stable connection. I will be glad for any ideas. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi

That sounds rather like your internet connection, not like the Ethernet adapter. You tried using WiFi on your desktop and on your phone and it has the same issue? Well, in that case it can't be the Ethernet adapter.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

That sounds rather like your internet connection, not like the LAN adapter. You tried using WiFi on your desktop and on your phone and it has the same issue? Well, in that case it can't be the Ethernet adapter.

yeah I guess you are right but what It could be? I never had such a issue before. 

It is the internet connection, simple as that. Maybe the ISP you're using is experiencing issues. If it didn't happen on your other devices but only on your desktop over Ethernet, it would be the Ethernet adapter or the cable. Since it happens on all devices in your network, it's the ISP. Maybe try rebooting your router and see if re-syncing fixes the issue. If it doesn't, maybe contact your ISP. That definitely sounds like some issue with your internet connection.

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

It is the internet connection, simple as that. Maybe the ISP you're using is experiencing issues. If it didn't happen on your other devices but only on your desktop over Ethernet, it would be the Ethernet adapter or the cable. Since it happens on all devices in your network, it's the ISP. Maybe try rebooting your router and see if re-syncing fixes the issue. If it doesn't, maybe contact your ISP. That definitely sounds like some issue with your internet connection.

I did call them. They tried like 3 different things and It helped for like a day. Could this be because of a swich? I have one between my pc and router so connection from router can reach. 

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

They even changed my router for a new one. 

No, it couldn't be because your wireless-capable devices are most likely connected right to the router over WiFi. Not to mention that you said that you contacted them already and the thing they did at that time seemed to help for a short amount of time. If it were within your network, nothing that they did would have helped.

Let me guess, it's a cable internet service? (cable as in coaxial)

Just now, Benji said:

No, it couldn't be because your wireless-capable devices are most likely connected right to the router over WiFi. Not to mention that you said that you contacted them already and the thing they did at that time seemed to help for a short amount of time. If it were within your network, nothing that they did would have helped.

Let me guess, it's a cable internet service? (cable as in coaxial)

coaxial

3 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

coaxial

Yeah, then that's expected. That garbage promises high speeds that they are pretty much never able to fully deliver, and during prime time, it's not uncommon that their infrastructure is so overloaded that the speeds tank and the latency increases. Unless they actually physically extend their infrastructure and use more fiber and split the frequencies more so that the users have more channels to themselves, there's nothing that they can actually do. They can try mitigating the problem in software, but they'll never fully solve it.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Yeah, then that's expected. That garbage promises high speeds that they are pretty much never able to fully deliver, and during prime time, it's not uncommon that their infrastructure is so overloaded that the speeds tank and the latency increases. Unless they actually physically extend their infrastructure and use more fiber and split the frequencies more higher so that the users have more channels to themselves, there's nothing that they can actually do. They can try mitigating the problem in software, but they'll never fully solve it.

I mean I didnt have such a issue for a quite while and I have been using their service for 4 years now. First year It was utter garbage but they really improved and before this started to happend I had good connection even during the biggest lockdown It was pretty good. Its funny when it starts to rain heavily my connection drops, 

But this pretty much proves my point. That's why I'll never get a cable connection. Either DSL (if it's 50+ Mbit/s), fiber, or nothing. Media where you don't have the "last mile" for yourself always lead to issues like this.
So you do not actually need to worry about your motherboard not working appropriately. 🙂

It's "just" your internet connection.

Just now, Benji said:

But this pretty much proves my point. That's why I'll never get a cable connection. Either DSL (if it's 50+ Mbit/s), fiber, or nothing. Media where you don't have the "last mile" for yourself always lead to issues like this.
So you do not actually need to worry about your motherboard not working appropriately. 🙂

Sadly biggest issue back than was that I didnt have choice at all but now I looked If there is someone with speeds atleast above 50/50 and there are lot of them. 

Does any provider offer fiber? If so, go for that. You'll fairly likely never have that issue again. If it's not significantly more expensive, definitely go for that.

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

But why internet is still so unstable even with using 5g I know friend who uses it to also play Apex and no issues.  

What do you mean with "5G"? Do you mean the cellular technology (successor to LTE) or do you mean 5 GHz WiFi?

Just now, Benji said:

What do you mean with "5G"? Do you mean the cellular technology (successor to LTE) or do you mean 5 GHz WiFi?

5G as a hot spot from my phone 

Well, cellular is never that great to begin with. And in my personal experience, 5G is most commonly worse than 4G. Slower and the latency is not really that much better.

I guess that's the issue with cellular. It's also a shared medium and the speed rises and falls based on how many users use it.