After setting up Intel Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built. Sata Mode Selection must be changed to Raid mode to avoid unknown issue.

QWERTVE

There is an error after I boot “After setting up Intel Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built. Sata Mode Selection must be changed to Raid mode to avoid unknown issue." I have never ever used any RAID configuration in my PC. My BIOS always pop up this issue, whenever I boot up my PC and also puts a CPU FAN ERROR with it. My BIOS kinda resets itself all the time, i have a K series CPU i cant even overclock it please help me how can I fix the issue my BIOS reset itself and this RAID configuration issue...

2 hours ago, QWERTVE said:

There is an error after I boot “After setting up Intel Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built. Sata Mode Selection must be changed to Raid mode to avoid unknown issue." I have never ever used any RAID configuration in my PC. My BIOS always pop up this issue, whenever I boot up my PC and also puts a CPU FAN ERROR with it. My BIOS kinda resets itself all the time, i have a K series CPU i cant even overclock it please help me how can I fix the issue my BIOS reset itself and this RAID configuration issue...

Specs of machine would be needed to even approach this I think.  There seem to be basic problems that are not new.  The phrase “my bios kinda resets itself all the time” implies basic problems previous to and outside of optane. I’m getting the impression of a band-aided together thing that was limping badly before this new problem was even put to it.

my move would be to take the thing down and look at the earlier problem first.  A “house built upon sand” issue.  I may be misunderstanding your statement.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

So basically I sould dissemble my system and put it back together ? 

My specs are btw 

i7 8700k 

16 gb Ram 2666mhz

2 tb hdd 

120gb SSD (Not Nvme)

1060 6 gb 

Asus Z370E MB 

Yeap having the same issue here, never changed anything. This occurred all of a sudden. Did you managed to solve it?

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me, my first error was it could not detect my CPU fan, the cooler was working fine. Moved to the other pin and this is now fixed. But now I get the same above massage every time I turn on the PC. I have just updated my Bios to the version it found 2801, not the latest which is 3004 as that came out last month but it was the one from earlier this year.

I have never had an issue with my PC until now and I did nothing but turn it on.

My specs are  

i7 8700k

Asus Z370 -F

32GB DDR4 RAM

Asus 1080TI

Look like we both have the same motherboard. I did find corrupt files using sfc  /scannow windows fixed this. 

I noticed on my Bios the time and date are incorrect it goes to 01/012016 00.00 I have read this could be the battery? 

Also my bios only shows one drive for boot up option 1 which is not the correct one. I does not give me the option to pick my 250 SSD C drive only the D drive. Only option is incorrect or to disable. 

In the boot menu if I select the C drive the pc then boots to windows and if fine until I turn on again. 

34 minutes ago, SapphireSarah said:

Same for me, my first error was it could not detect my CPU fan, the cooler was working fine. Moved to the other pin and this is now fixed. But now I get the same above massage every time I turn on the PC. I have just updated my Bios to the version it found 2801, not the latest which is 3004 as that came out last month but it was the one from earlier this year.

I have never had an issue with my PC until now and I did nothing but turn it on.

My specs are  

i7 8700k

Asus Z370 -F

32GB DDR4 RAM

Asus 1080TI

Look like we both have the same motherboard. I did find corrupt files using sfc  /scannow windows fixed this. 

I noticed on my Bios the time and date are incorrect it goes to 01/012016 00.00 I have read this could be the battery? 

Also my bios only shows one drive for boot up option 1 which is not the correct one. I does not give me the option to pick my 250 SSD C drive only the D drive. Only option is incorrect or to disable. 

In the boot menu if I select the C drive the pc then boots to windows and if fine until I turn on again. 

Sounds like something is messed up.  I don’t know if it’s the battery or not but they’re really cheap.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:30 PM, QWERTVE said:

BRO I ALSO HAVE THAT ISSUE ISIT ASUS FAULT? if anyone found any solutions please messsage here

I tried doing so many things and still cant fix anything.. Is fucking funny that i didnt do anything and it just pop up on its own

And btw dont follow what they tell u by changing to RAID MODE it will destory your windows and u may lose your files 

Same problem too, suddenly appeared.

Specifications of my pc
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K 3,70 GHz
- RAM: 16,0 GB
- Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z370-A

This is a photo of the screen that appears

IMG_20211020_182832.thumb.jpg.e55d3a24fd3377c928a6c97ec375e518.jpg

After several tests I discovered that this only happens when the PC is turned on for the first time after having turned it off and disconnected from the mains. If you perform a restart, this screen is not displayed.

While the following message always appears (both when turning on and restarting) for a few seconds and then the normal system startup continues.

IMG_20211020_141346.thumb.jpg.ba90b4e9f9e862f762c4c80836fe28be.jpg

These problems appeared unexpectedly and for no apparent reason. I don't know if it is connected but a few weeks before I had set the TPM Firmware in the bios settings, this had not created problems until now. If I disable the TPM Firmware by setting the option to Discrete TPM nothing changes. If, on the other hand, I disable Intel Rapid Storage Technology by setting AHCI, an error appears and windows won't start, to fix it I had to set Intel RST again.

IMG_20211020_212225.thumb.jpg.9a7bf902c5b9c46c75ebc676cfbcd94b.jpg

The computer is still usable but these startup warnings are annoying and in the case of the first photo message they require you to go through the bios every time you start your PC before you can access the operating system.

(For clarification I have not set any RAID level now or in the past)

15 hours ago, Rikibrer said:

Same problem too, suddenly appeared.

Specifications of my pc
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K 3,70 GHz
- RAM: 16,0 GB
- Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z370-A

This is a photo of the screen that appears

IMG_20211020_182832.thumb.jpg.e55d3a24fd3377c928a6c97ec375e518.jpg

After several tests I discovered that this only happens when the PC is turned on for the first time after having turned it off and disconnected from the mains. If you perform a restart, this screen is not displayed.

While the following message always appears (both when turning on and restarting) for a few seconds and then the normal system startup continues.

IMG_20211020_141346.thumb.jpg.ba90b4e9f9e862f762c4c80836fe28be.jpg

These problems appeared unexpectedly and for no apparent reason. I don't know if it is connected but a few weeks before I had set the TPM Firmware in the bios settings, this had not created problems until now. If I disable the TPM Firmware by setting the option to Discrete TPM nothing changes. If, on the other hand, I disable Intel Rapid Storage Technology by setting AHCI, an error appears and windows won't start, to fix it I had to set Intel RST again.

IMG_20211020_212225.thumb.jpg.9a7bf902c5b9c46c75ebc676cfbcd94b.jpg

The computer is still usable but these startup warnings are annoying and in the case of the first photo message they require you to go through the bios every time you start your PC before you can access the operating system.

(For clarification I have not set any RAID level now or in the past)

Warm boot/cold boot thing.  There is or used to be a way to force full boot every time.  Makes startup take longer.  A work around rather than a fix.  It was a “hold down a key or two while hitting start” kind of thing.  I forget what it is/was though.

I also have had this issue appear in the past couple of weeks out of nowhere with my Z270 mobo. Seems to be interesting that it's appeared for a few people around the same time.

For me it also appears only after a cold boot.

I'm considering changing the CMOS battery as I'm not sure what else it could be.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:35 PM, urbanbovine said:

I also have had this issue appear in the past couple of weeks out of nowhere with my Z270 mobo. Seems to be interesting that it's appeared for a few people around the same time.

For me it also appears only after a cold boot.

I'm considering changing the CMOS battery as I'm not sure what else it could be.

I also think that the problem may be related to the CMOS battery, although theoretically they should work for several years.

• 1 month later...

salve. il problema era la batteria del cmos. la mia era completamente scarica anche se la scheda madre (maximus ix extreme) era nuova.

THE PROBLEM WAS THE BATTERY OF CMOS. IT WAS COMPLETELY UNCHARGED. i've changed it and now my device normaly works.

• 1 year later...

I see this is an older post, came across the post looking for answers to same issues you are all having. Initially built it 2 years ago and upgrade to gpu to 3070ti 4 months ago, ive had no issues with it since day one that is untill now.. Did anyone find a solution to this issue. Did anyone contact Asus ?? 

Specs for reference.

Asus rog z490 G

I7 10700k 

32 GB vengance rbg

MSI 3070 Ti

• 2 months later...

Was having the exact same issue, same ASUS mb and everything.

Replaced the CMOS battery (CR2302 3V) and all good now, boots first time, every time.

Thanks for the pointers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 1:03 AM, Tech_Spec said:

Was having the exact same issue, same ASUS mb and everything.

Replaced the CMOS battery (CR2302 3V) and all good now, boots first time, every time.

Thanks for the pointers!

I had the same issue, but with one caveat... whenever I booted, the time was also off by several hours. Remembering that the CMOS battery is also incharge of date and time settings, it all but lines up. I believe the issue is firmly with the CMOS battery dying.

That tip definitely helps me sort out the issue!