Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys I have a Dell XPS 13 9380 with an i7 8565U and 16GB of DRR3 2133MHz Ram, I also bought a Sonnet 550 eGPU and used my old RX 570 but my performance has been extremely lack luster. I've seen people with the same laptop and an RTX 2080 run perfectly fine and I want to know is there anything I should do that could boost performance, it came with a thunderbolt 3 cable and I'm not sure what the issue is, please help me out!

Also disabling the integrated graphics does not help for some reason just makes it worse!

Are you just connecting the eGPU to the laptop and playing on the laptop screen or using an external monitor connected to the eGPU?

5800x/3090

35 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Are you just connecting the eGPU to the laptop and playing on the laptop screen or using an external monitor connected to the eGPU?

Laptop screen, but even then on other benchmarks they manage to hit high fps on a laptop screen. 

3 minutes ago, Rhythm8503 said:

Laptop screen, but even then on other benchmarks they manage to hit high fps on a laptop screen. 

What benchmarks? And what resolution are you playing these games? 

5800x/3090

Some on Youtube, idk if I'm allowed to put links, Im playing at 1080p, and even then if I lower the settings it makes no difference to the FPS, it is PCie 16x 3.0 4x so its running at full speed thunderbolt. 

13 hours ago, rickeo said:

What benchmarks? And what resolution are you playing these games? 

My apologies for not quoting above is what I described, when testing some games run very well others ehhhh, Rust no matter how low I set the settings its 30fps I think its a CPU Bottleneck but it shocks me how people could use a 2080 on this laptop.