NVIDIA quadro k2200 vs AMD Radeon R7 450 4gb ddr5

TedG

Hi folks,

I am looking to choose between an NVIDIA Quadro k2200 or an AMD Radeon R7 450 4gb DDR5 graphics card for my low end gaming PC.

From looking at the specs of each of these the Quadro has more cores and a faster clock speed.

However I am no expert on graphics cards and I am here to learn, can anyone see any reason why the quadro would not be a better choice than the Radeon R7 450 please?

I am aware that the Quadro is not built for gaming but I see many people who do game successfully with them.

My PC build is also on my profile.

Specs are below:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/dell-r7-450-4-gb.b4967

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/quadro-k2200.c2601

36 minutes ago, TedG said:

Hi folks,

I am looking to choose between an NVIDIA Quadro k2200 or an AMD Radeon R7 450 4gb DDR5 graphics card for my low end gaming PC.

From looking at the specs of each of these the Quadro has more cores and a faster clock speed.

However I am no expert on graphics cards and I am here to learn, can anyone see any reason why the quadro would not be a better choice than the Radeon R7 450 please?

I am aware that the Quadro is not built for gaming but I see many people who do game successfully with them.

My PC build is also on my profile.

Specs are below:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/dell-r7-450-4-gb.b4967

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/quadro-k2200.c2601

What is your budget and what games do you play?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

The R7 450 is likely a fair amount worse. It's an OEM only card, so it's harder to find benchmark data, but apart from the VRAM it seems identical to the R7 350. I'm guessing Dell asked AMD if they could create a "new" card for the next model of Dell computer and AMD gave them that.

Just now, YoungBlade said:

The R7 450 is likely a fair amount worse. It's an OEM only card, so it's harder to find benchmark data, but apart from the VRAM it seems identical to the R7 350. I'm guessing Dell asked AMD if they could create a "new" card for the next model of Dell computer and AMD gave them that.

From my experience the R7 450 won't play most games that were developed in the past decade.

And the Quadro should have no problem playing games from 2013 and older.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

12 minutes ago, Vishera said:

What is your budget and what games do you play?

I am looking at spending £50 total on a gpu and I play whatever is on XBOX gamepass and EA play, right now on the HD 7750 ddr3 I have I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect 3, I would play higher spec games similar to these if the card could take it though.

2 minutes ago, TedG said:

I am looking at spending £50 total on a gpu and I play whatever is on XBOX gamepass and EA play, right now on the HD 7750 ddr3 I have I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition, and Mass Effect 3, I would play higher spec games similar to these if the card could take it though.

Just buy the R9 280 3GB,It's much better:

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=sgratir92803gb&categoryName=graphics-cards-pci-e&superCatName=computing&title=ati-radeon-r9-280-3gb&referredFrom=category

14 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

8 minutes ago, Vishera said:

From my experience the R7 450 won't play most games that were developed in the past decade.

And the Quadro should have no problem playing games from 2013 and older.

These posts were helpful, thank you.

Just now, TedG said:

Much better than the Quadro k2200 as well?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Yes

Thanks, I will look in to this, cex is sold out but maybe they are in stock at that price elsewhere.

Just now, TedG said:

Thanks, I will look in to this, cex is sold out but maybe they are in stock at that price elsewhere.

They have stock in local stores,in the product page you can check availability in the store closest to your house.

They have a GTX 670 in stock which is almost as good as the R9 280. It might suffer a little on texture quality with less vram but if you can't find the r9 280 it's something to consider.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 12:37 AM, Rameares said:

They have a GTX 670 in stock which is almost as good as the R9 280. It might suffer a little on texture quality with less vram but if you can't find the r9 280 it's something to consider.

How about the GTX 750 ti 2gb? I hear good things about this.

I would strongly recommend you save for a little while and opt for a GTX 970. there shouldn't be much you can't play with that card and it's currently the cheapest used card in the UK that will play almost anything.