Warzone keeps stuttering, and i cant figure it out

Mohamadreda

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

RAM: 16GB 3200MHz

Since I turned on XMP in the bios about 2 weeks ago, my whenever I play warzone, my latency is higher than usual, my frames are half what they should be, and the games stutters every 10 seconds. When I play warzone, my task manager tells me that my RAM usage and CPU usage are near 100%. To try to fix the problem, I went to turn XMP back off, which didn't solve anything. As of the past few days, whenever I boot up warzone, my first game on is more than exceptional. My latency is 27ms (normally 34ms), my frames are 140fps-150fps (normally ~120fps), and there is no stutter. But as soon as that game finishes and I load up the next one, my frames drop to a constant 70fps, latency is 57ms, and the stuttering is very frequent. It is also worth noting that my CPU and RAM usage are normal during the first game. I have tried a few fixes that I found online, none of which have worked, and i am running out of ideas.

PLEASE HELP!

Edited by Mohamadreda
apparently people wont open txt files of my specs

8 minutes ago, Mohamadreda said:

I've linked my computer specs below.

Since I turned on XMP in the bios about 2 weeks ago, my whenever I play warzone, my latency is higher than usual, my frames are half what they should be, and the games stutters every 10 seconds. When I play warzone, my task manager tells me that my RAM usage and CPU usage are near 100%. To try to fix the problem, I went to turn XMP back off, which didn't solve anything. As of the past few days, whenever I boot up warzone, my first game on is more than exceptional. My latency is 27ms (normally 34ms), my frames are 140fps-150fps (normally ~120fps), and there is no stutter. But as soon as that game finishes and I load up the next one, my frames drop to a constant 70fps, latency is 57ms, and the stuttering is very frequent. It is also worth noting that my CPU and RAM usage are normal during the first game. I have tried a few fixes that I found online, none of which have worked, and i am running out of ideas.

PLEASE HELP!

DxDiag.txt 105.94 kB · 0 downloads

Don't expect anyone to download a .txt file from a total stranger... if you think they'll trust you 100%, you have bigger issues that a badly running game.

Better to list the core components so that other can see what they are without fear of compromising their own systems.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

39 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Don't expect anyone to download a .txt file from a total stranger... if you think they'll trust you 100%, you have bigger issues that a badly running game.

Better to list the core components so that other can see what they are without fear of compromising their own systems.

sorry to offend you

1 hour ago, Mohamadreda said:

apparently people wont open txt files of my specs

People generally don't like downloading random files without a good reason....
If you don't want to clutter up your thread simply use a spoiler and dump the text in that:

Spoiler

like so

Or use a service that will host your text online so it can be viewed from the browser, a service e that people are familiar with, like: https://pastebin.com or https://docs.google.com/

1 hour ago, Mohamadreda said:

Honestly I think that XMP toggling is a coincidence, you might have some rogue service / program running in the background, like a Windows update or Windows search indexing or AV scan, or maybe even something malicious... You can use the Task Manager to check running processes, also you can use Process Monitor: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon.
Another possibility is a game or driver updates... They could have been fine and then one update later you see huge regression performance-wise.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Yeah, it could be updates, it could also be you accidentally changed more than xmp who knows...

This game is quite cpu intensive, it used about 75% of my 3600 regularly,  so maybe you're just cpu bound...

You can try 

- reset cmos

- lower settings as much as possible, generally doesn't help much when cpu bound but worth a try

- anti virus / malware scan

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

- anti virus / malware scan

what exactly am i looking for in this?

2 minutes ago, Mohamadreda said:

Automated backround scans, even if you don't have 3rd party AV (like Kaspersky, BitDefender, Malwarebytes) you still have Windows Defender at least, and that also runs automated background scans.
I've already told you how to check, with task manager or process monitor... When you see in your overlay 100% CPU usage check what is actually using it. Is it all taken by the game or maybe there is another process is using like 25% of your CPU, just enough to frak with your system.

Also you didn't post what your thermals are, you could also be throttling, check that as well.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

25 minutes ago, Mohamadreda said:

Windows defender > *full scan* 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

20 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

check, with task manager or process monitor... When you see in your overlay 100% CPU usage check what is actually using it. Is it all taken by the game or maybe there is another process is using like 25% of your CPU, just enough to frak with your system.

right, while I don't know how the cpus compare exactly (the intel has no multi threading? rip) i don't think the game alone should use "100%"...

Still AV check seems necessary to be sure and also actually checking taskmaster obviously. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity