suggestion for video camera under 200

adarw

hello once again, im looking for a video camera for under cad 200, yea ik its a rough budget, i just need it a bit better than a iphone lets say. im fine with used aswell but how would i buy used lol.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

What iphone are we comparing to? What is the use case?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

What iphone are we comparing to? What is the use case?

like 11 lets say, use case is just video recording things and places, i dont need it water proof or anything. just the causal stuff.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

The video capabilities of the iPhone 11 are no slouch, given the proper lighting.

According to GSMArena, the full video specs are as follows:

4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS

I doubt you will be able to beat that for 200 CAD.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, adarw said:

like 11 lets say, use case is just video recording things and places, i dont need it water proof or anything. just the causal stuff.

What do you no like about the iphones video quality? Id use the iphone here if you don't need anything special. Hard to beat for $200.

See if you can get your hands on a used panasonic  GH3. Amazing all-i video for a very cheap price. 

• 3 weeks later...

Since I assume a lens is part of the budget I'd highly suggest a Panasonic GH2 and hacking it for higher bitrate video. It is by no means ideal but it's about as good as you can do at that price. Another option is the Canon 60d but it'll be much tighter to get a lens with this budget. The big benefit of the 60d is that even though it's cheap as dirt and old it still has very capable AF tracking in video if that is necessary for what you need.

You can also optionally hack the 60d with magic lantern if you need more functionality, though the video is pretty good out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also suggest a Panasonic GH3. The AF isn’t perfect but otherwise it works really well. Having a real lens is a big advantage over a phone. Having said that, the superb processing on the iPhone makes it a lot closer in situations where a decent lens counts.