Bios boot up on second monitor..

pinkua

Hello!

So I built this new pc a week ago. it works really well.

but yesterday while I was moving stuff under the desk I pushed the power button for my power strip.

problem is my computer was ON and I was gaming on it also it was on that power strip....

after that I tried to reboot and I saw bios suddenly showing up on second monitor!

First I thought i just have to reseat all the display cable to gpu ports but it did not fixed the problem.

I tried changing display cables , reinstalling nvidia driver , update gpu firmware , FORMMATING WINDOW(idk why I thought this will fix the problem) and changing main monitor by window setting but sadly non of those worked for me......

For the last i changed my main monitor display port cable to 3rd port (it was on 1st port and it was working just fine booting up on primal monitor until that stupid mistake I made on power strip), and guess what it boots up on my main monitor!

But I do not like how I can not use first display port anymore like before .

It feels like something is wrong or is not fixed 100%..

i know that something went wrong after i made that mistake (turned off the power strip while the computer was on), because it was working just fine before that accident.

Do you guys think that stupid mistake i made did something on my gpu and changed onboard display priority setting?

Also Does anyone know how to set up priority on gpu display port?(i would love to use that port again for my main monitor..)

Should i try DDU it ? even tho i reinstalled the window10 by formatting(also tried reinstalling nvidia driver)

Im so sorry if you can not understand or got triggered my broken english but I tried my best!

Thank you for reading!

-= Topics Merged =-

-= Topic moved to Troubleshooting =-

Please do not post topics more than once this is seen as spamming.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER