I have to underclock my gpu in MSI afterburner to play games.

b3nnny

I have to underclock my gpu with MSI Afterburner, if I don't underclock it my game will freeze for a bit and come up with a Device Hung error.

SPECS:

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

CPU: i7- 10700K @ 3.80GHz (yes my gpu is a bottleneck)

PSU: 700w Platinum (not sure what brand)

MOBO: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS

msi.PNG.adf9e6290d63175a4e28eacddabb3f48.PNG

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Iadk said:

How much Celcius is on the gpu while gaming?

Idle it is around 35 - 40. Gaming it is around 44 - 55.

Is it a new GPU you bought recently? Graphics card can degrade overtime.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

30 minutes ago, alyen said:

Is it a new GPU you bought recently? Graphics card can degrade overtime.

We bought it around 2016, so it's decently old. It's just a matter of confirming this or it could possibly be something else.

Try older drivers / Ddu. 

Also, instead of an underclock, try to push the voltage up a bit in the curve instead. 

1 hour ago, b3nnny said:

We bought it around 2016, so it's decently old. It's just a matter of confirming this or it could possibly be something else.

It's very likely it has degraded over time. Can try pushing the voltage a little as MadGoatHaz said. It's what I would try first, but there is also a risk of something already on the brink of making it worst.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

12 hours ago, alyen said:

It's very likely it has degraded over time. Can try pushing the voltage a little as MadGoatHaz said. It's what I would try first, but there is also a risk of something already on the brink of making it worst.

I don't think it would be the Graphics Card, my brother used it for about 4 years and gave it to me for my build, the card was working perfectly in his build until the card was put into mine. I think it's something to do with a Motherboard compatibility issue.