HP pendrive has caused my laptop USB port to LOOSEN

My hp v250w 32 GB pendrive was a tight fit to my laptop USB port

I had to somewhat force it in . this usb is tight for any usb port and it is proven

Although it didnt cause any issue but now my port is a bit loosen compared to my other USB 3 port...i feel like it may cause hardware issue in the near future

but the usb detection and transfer speeds are all fine

however will this be a issue ?... as it feels a bit loose compared to the other port when i pull out any usb pendrive i insert

It may actually be. I wouldn't use it. I originally ordered a bunch of Anker USB C cables and notices a similar issue. I ended up getting rid of them. Cables and flash drives are cheap compared to hardware.

Probably fine. There are 2 metal things on the bottom of the USB port, with a screwdriver you can pull them up a little bit so they are tighter. Make sure to check if the drive will still go in as it can get pulled up too far. Also make sure the laptop is turned off

15 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Probably fine. There are 2 metal things on the bottom of the USB port, with a screwdriver you can pull them up a little bit so they are tighter. Make sure to check if the drive will still go in as it can get pulled up too far. Also make sure the laptop is turned off

thanks..

it looks like those two metal things are of same height as the other port...doesnt seem like it is flattened somewhat :(...